PDA

View Full Version : Heather is on the move!

Venchka
07-13-2017, 09:35
Heather Anderson posted on Instagram earlier today, paraphrasing:
8 day carry from East Glacier to Helena.
That's one way to handle resupply.
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just Bill
07-13-2017, 10:19
Mr. Wayne-
As far as I know- this is "just" a hike. Only pointing it out as you brought it up in the speed hike thread before. Guessing she'll move along at a decent clip but no FKT on the CDT as the route is not yet defined.
She did win a grant from her sponsor to attempt the Colorado Trail FKT, which you'd think would just be a sponsorship and you'd save the grant for non-sponsored hikers... not super familiar with that but later in the season seems reasonable so not sure if she is training for the CT hike or abandoned it.

Either way- don't let me take away from any enjoyment of following this hike. Just figured I'd point out that this is not an unholy unwelcome speed hike- but a plain jane properly sanctioned and duly approved smell the roses stroll. :D

Mr. Bill

Venchka
07-13-2017, 16:38
Thanks Mr. Bill.
Or should I say, "Oh no, Mr. Bill!"
Nice gig if you can get it.
Early season: Oregon Desert.
Mid season: CDT
Prime Time: Add the CT FKT Unsupported to your resume...
Hope it happens.
Wayne

Dogwood
07-13-2017, 19:03
I wonder how miles her route was between Glacier and Helena? Anyone know?

Venchka
07-14-2017, 20:07
I wonder how miles her route was between Glacier and Helena? Anyone know?

She doesn't say. I looked up the Postholer miles online, East Glacier to Helena. 32+ mpd. No resupply. Seems reasonable for 8 days. Heather did far longer days in the second half of her PCT record hike.
Wayne

Dogwood
07-14-2017, 20:34
Thx Bruce Wayne. So, even though that's 256 she's going 270-290 over 8-9 days assuming she's cut her food haul down on Day 1 and Day 8-9.

Venchka
07-14-2017, 21:52
Thx Bruce Wayne. So, even though that's 256 she's going 270-290 over 8-9 days assuming she's cut her food haul down on Day 1 and Day 8-9.

You would have to ask her.
I cyphered 260 miles and 32.5 miles per day.
Follow her on Instagram.
Wayne