PDA

View Full Version : Fenix FD20 Flashlight. AA batteries and is zoomable

The_John_Muir_Way
07-14-2017, 22:47
Disclaimer: I purchased this flashlight and the following video is not monetized.

I was talking to a friend who was going to Africa for volunteer work. He's not into flashlights and didn't want to take a charger with him, because didn't know if he would have access to electricity. That made me think about the good old AA batteries again. Unfortunately for him, I found this light after he had left.

I think it's great for the everyday person who needs a versatile general use light. For all you lumen junkies, this isn't the light for you. It only puts out 350 lumens on turbo. But it has a focus/zoom feature that actually produces good usable light. From floodlight to spotlight, the light produces good illumination for different situations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qfwo7CdVqI

DownEaster
07-14-2017, 23:50
The weight would be 4.7 ounces with alkaline AA cells (or more with NiMH), with no spares. That seems a bit heavy for a secondary backpacking light.

The_John_Muir_Way
07-21-2017, 19:30
The weight would be 4.7 ounces with alkaline AA cells (or more with NiMH), with no spares. That seems a bit heavy for a secondary backpacking light.

That's very true Brother. It's heavy for backpacking. Probably better suited for a car light or camping

Miner
07-21-2017, 21:05
I've used their LD10 and LD12 flashlights (which are 1xAA) as my primary light for years for most of my backpacking. Good battery life and more than enough light for night hiking along descent trail and camp use. As others mentioned, I think that FD20 is a bit heavy for backpacking, but for general use looks god.