PDA

View Full Version : On dog abuse

Ethesis
07-16-2017, 09:26
An essay about the abuse of the service dog category.

https://www.facebook.com/kristine.lesperance/posts/1540852002601616

DownEaster
07-16-2017, 10:23
There's probably a way to read this without a Facebook account, but I'm clueless as to how. And I'm definitely not falling into the social media rabbit hole.

DuneElliot
07-16-2017, 10:48
There's probably a way to read this without a Facebook account, but I'm clueless as to how. And I'm definitely not falling into the social media rabbit hole.
Link expired anyway

TNhiker
07-16-2017, 11:38

You already have----this website is a form of social media....

DownEaster
07-16-2017, 11:59
You already have----this website is a form of social media....
This is a topic-specific forum, not an assemblage of all of society. As such, it's outside the rabbit hole.

Sarcasm the elf
07-16-2017, 12:13
https://blogs.psychcentral.com/life-goals/files/2014/11/14-1.jpg

Oh wait, wrong type of service dog. :D

Puddlefish
07-16-2017, 13:17
Decent people already understand that their actions impact others. Other people will "rationalize" it all away based on their own selfish thoughts. It's hard for me to get a pet sitter, my dog is sad when it can't be with me, I love my fur baby, therefore everyone else must also love my fur baby! It all comes down to lame excuses because they don't want to bother training their dog and why would they possibly care that their actions make it more difficult for those with a legitimate need.

Alligator
07-16-2017, 13:35
We have the dogs on the AT forum for specific trail related dog issues. Try to keep this issue more closely related to trail concerns. Please don't link or repost controversial Facebook arguments because they are moderated differently and not all members can even access all Facebook content. Thank you.

I did restart your thread with a less controversial title as well. Folks might actually want to consider the number of legitimate service dog owners and consider perhaps that for any service, there will always be individuals who commit fraud.