PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Need Hiking Partner

Mlynn
07-17-2017, 09:34
TinMan Here:
In 2015 I hiked about 700 miles. I began in Springer and made my way to Damascus then hopped ahead to NH, hiked the whites and 100 mile wilderness. Sooo on Or about April 1 2018 I want
to begin in Damascus and end somewhere in Pa. But this time because of a back issue I need some help with weight in my pack. Therefore I'm looking for a hiking partner who can carry 10 to 12 lbs of my weight. I will pay $100/ week and $50/for food. My ideal applicant has lots of experience, is A college graduate, has first aid experience or the like and is optimistic and fun to be with. I will turn 68 on this trip. You can read my 2015 adventures at tinmanonat; just search google. Of course I will need references and some modest checks of good character. Thanks

TTT
07-17-2017, 13:19
Does this include an entertainment allowance?

Mlynn
07-17-2017, 16:02
Nope. Fun is hiking.

Alligator
07-17-2017, 22:32
How much does your pack weigh without food and water? If you are confident that a 10-12lb drop in weight will work for you, there might be other strategies to help you reach that target. I did see a picture of your gear and it didn't necessarily look heavy but if you could lose 6 lbs there, you could complete your 10-12 loss perhaps by more frequent resupply. At $150/week you could have a shuttle driver run you back and forth to town once or twice a week when needed or even just meet you at a trailhead with a mail drop. Just an alternative idea if you don't find an applicant.