PDA

View Full Version : Death on the AT

ZombieDust66
07-17-2017, 14:02
Chuck Dowling died on the AT yesterday according to a Facebook post by his wife. Chuck starting a hiking Facebook group a couple of months ago that I belonged to.

Chuck's wife didn't know the details of his death at the time of the post. She was heading to GA to make arrangements

The FB page was Hike a day with Trey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uncle Joe
07-17-2017, 15:15
Sorry to hear it. Apparently they were teen sweethearts.

Nicoleh1
07-17-2017, 18:53
There seems to be some confusion on other FBs about whether "Hike a Day with Trey" Chuck is the same Chuck who runs Woodchuck's Hostel. Is anyone able to confirm/deny? Regardless, condolences to the family and friends of Chuck.

saltysack
07-17-2017, 21:23
There seems to be some confusion on other FBs about whether "Hike a Day with Trey" Chuck is the same Chuck who runs Woodchuck's Hostel. Is anyone able to confirm/deny? Regardless, condolences to the family and friends of Chuck.

Last names don't match up...

ZombieDust66
07-17-2017, 21:25
Last names don't match up...

I don't think it is the same guy either

Stone1984
07-18-2017, 06:17
Yea they are different chucks. But that facebook group is a good one and I have to feel for his wife he left behind. But he went out after a 3 day section hike not many better ways to go.

saltysack
07-18-2017, 07:52
Yea they are different chucks. But that facebook group is a good one and I have to feel for his wife he left behind. But he went out after a 3 day section hike not many better ways to go.

Any details? I'm not on FB

Nicoleh1
07-18-2017, 16:41
Thanks all for your feedback on the identity. It seemed like mistaken identity (different last names, etc) but I wasn't sure.

Details about what happened seem to be minimal. All from FB (posts from his a woman who identified as his wife). Chuck was on the AT for three days. He collapsed by his car on 7/16/2017. His wife wrote on FB that "(h)e passed away doing something he always loved but had just gotten back into recently."

MedicineWoman2012
07-18-2017, 19:19
So Sorry to hear this...prayers going out to his family. It is shocking to hear this!