PDA

View Full Version : no weather, no mileage, and no climb commentary

cliffordbarnabus
07-22-2017, 23:32
any current/very recent journals you know of that meet "yes" to my "no" credentials?

thanks!
cb

egilbe
07-23-2017, 07:52
You want a trail journal of someone who spends their entire day walking up mountains in all kinds of weather, but dont want them to talk about what they are doing?

Squirrel!
07-23-2017, 09:06
Considering the forum you are commenting in, what exact information are you looking for with that kind of parameter set?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Traveler
07-23-2017, 10:27
Le Voyage non Fait

I once went to a trail on a day there was no weather worth discussing, stood there a while and didn't get any mileage and don't have much of an opinion on a climb I was thinking about but didn't make. Then I went home.

Fin.

cliffordbarnabus
07-23-2017, 10:31
You want a trail journal of someone who spends their entire day walking up mountains in all kinds of weather, but dont want them to talk about what they are doing?
precisely!

Slo-go'en
07-23-2017, 11:04
Then you don't want to read my journals, that's all I had to talk about...

egilbe
07-23-2017, 11:53
Yesterday, I decided not to hike after I started hiking because the clouds rolled in. It was my last 4k footer in the Presidential range and I wanted a beautiful day for it. Jefferson isn't going anywhere. My gf wanted to continue. I had to grant her a "Jefferson card" to use at anytime she wanted to bail on a hike and I wanted to continue.

We found that being the second one up the mountain means we are the first to turn back and we got to explain to 40 ascending hikers that we didnt reach the top already.

We stopped at Ragged Mountain Equipment and bought a pullover fleece zipup. 5 hours of driving for an hour and a half hike and a half hour shopping. Still, driving through Crawford Notch is as beautiful as always. So, still worth it.

Venchka
07-23-2017, 11:58
I suggest following Heather Anderson, anishhikes @ Instagram. You'll get occasional photos of scenery, perhaps a video of rain on the roof of her tent, and the rare milkshake picture. Few words.
Suppose they gave a hike and nobody came.
Wayne

cliffordbarnabus
07-23-2017, 22:53
Considering the forum you are commenting in, what exact information are you looking for with that kind of parameter set?

kerouac'ian type stuff.......with a splash of salinger.

perdidochas
07-24-2017, 12:09
kerouac'ian type stuff.......with a splash of salinger.

Oh, you want to read fictional trail journals.....

gracebowen
07-24-2017, 12:56
Why do you want those kinds of journals?

rafe
07-24-2017, 13:28
Far as I can tell, the published journals that you find at ATC store or on Amazon may be more to the OP's liking.

Online, real-time journals no so much, they are the ones likely to be filled with exactly what the OP doesn't want.

In the moment, it often is all about the climb, the miles, the weather, and the food.

cliffordbarnabus
07-24-2017, 23:38
don't want fiction. just want stuff other than, "what a stiff climb!" or "it was so cold/hot!" or "i did 34 miles today!!!"

yawn........

rocketsocks
07-25-2017, 01:38
don't want fiction. just want stuff other than, "what a stiff climb!" or "it was so cold/hot!" or "i did 34 miles today!!!"

yawn........
Salingeresque and Kerouac eh...you wanna read some of Tipi Walters earlier works.

Venchka
07-25-2017, 10:25
A shot in the dark:
Frodo & Scout. CDT. 2015.
http://www.trailjournals.com/journal/18769
Wayne