PDA

View Full Version : Parking in Duncannon or Boiling Springs

Capt.Scott
07-23-2017, 17:33
I am looking for some insight into 2-week parking in Duncannon or Boiling Springs. I could end my section hike in either. No long term parking at ATC?

Disco
07-23-2017, 20:46
You can try to contact Trail Angel Mary Parry of Duncannon to see if long-term parking is available. Google search returned this: https://www.facebook.com/trailangelmary

Gambit McCrae
07-24-2017, 07:18
No parking at ATC. Only room for about 3-4 cars. May be able to contact the pizzeria there in Boiling Springs and see if you could park around back.

The Doyle allows people to park at their place but you have to call ahead to check availability.

SkeeterPee
07-24-2017, 09:02
I recall reading that there was a long term lot in boiling springs and that you contact the ATC office for info. But I parked at the Allenberry. I hear they are no as hiker friendly as they once were. I spent a night there at the beginning and end of my section and they let me park in their empty lower lot. In Duncannon, I parked in the commuter lot by the bridge/railroad as you head north on the AT. No one is watching your car, but I suspect you could leave your car for days, but I suppose there might be better places.