PDA

View Full Version : Zero or low-drop shoes

wiiawiwb
07-24-2017, 12:30
I've been an INOV-8 fan for a while now having had three different models. Looking to replace an older model that I use for hiking.

The trails near me are wet and rocky, with tree roots. That combination is slippery.

I like the zero drop of the X-Talon 212 but prefer a little more cushioning like the Roclite 305 (8mm drop). In the INOV-8 line, I can't find a shoe that combines the two. Altra Lone Peak 3.5 and King MT both are zero drop and have lugs on the bottom which I love about the INOV-8s.

Any other shoe that has 4-8mm lugs and zero drop but also has cushioning like the INOV-8 Roclite series?

JC13
07-25-2017, 12:04
The newer Timp is max cushion and 4mm lugs. Not as aggresive as the King MT though. Not sure on the Roclite cushioning but the Timp are zero-drop max cushion.

https://www.altrarunning.com/men/altra-timp

wiiawiwb
07-29-2017, 16:51
The new Rocklite 305 doesn't fit as well as the older ones. I took a drive to a running store that carried most of the Altra line (not just one shoe) and bought the Lone Peak 3.5. They feel great so far. If that continues, I'll get the King MT for hikes and maybe even the Olympus for a highly-cushioned ride when I run.

eblanche
07-30-2017, 04:59
IDK if you can try to find some of the Inov8 Trailroc series. The 235 has zero drop but the 245 might be a good compromise. I have personally used the 255 for thousands of miles of hiking and love them for the added cushioning compared to typical minimal shoes. I have also used a number of the roclites in the past, 295 and 315.