PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Southbounders... Important

Miss Janet
02-01-2006, 21:30
I have a picture of a hiker that I want to show to SoBo's in the hope that someone may have seen him this past fall. I don't have permission to post the picture so if you can shoot me an email I will pass along the picture.

Thank You

[email protected]

Nean
02-01-2006, 21:49
Email sent, can you say why this is important?

Miss Janet
02-03-2006, 17:10
The name of the hiker is Gregory Haight, and he left Springer Mountain, GA, on a supposed northbound thru-hike in mid-June 2005. He was hiking with a small brown and white dog named Gus. Greg Haight's immediate family has not heard from him since he left Springer, although there was an indirect contact (phone message left with a friend) in October and he told them he was still on the AT. Greg's parents do not consider this an emergency at this point, but would very much like to track down their son and re-establish contact. They are enlisting ATC's help in getting the word out.

I can't resize the pic on my piece of junk computer so I can't upload it here. email me and I will pass it on.

trailangelmary
02-04-2006, 07:58
Attached is the photo of Greg Haight as sent by Todd Remaley. Please contact Miss Janet, myself, or Todd Remaley for the family contact information if you have seen this hiker.
Thank You

Nean
02-04-2006, 14:09
Sorry I didn't see him or the dog, hope all is well.

johnny quest
02-09-2006, 12:12
i was wondering what ever happened with this hiker? anyone know?

Miss Janet
02-09-2006, 17:00
This picture was supposed to have been taken in Ga when he started hiking the AT. The family only heard from hime one time and he said he was still hiking. My best guess is that he is living near the trail somewhere. If anyone meets him along the way this spring... please tell him to call home!!