PDA

View Full Version : get ready for 6 more weeks of winter

gargamel
02-02-2006, 08:46
PUNXSUTAWNEY, Pa. -- This is Groundhog Day and thousands of people were on hand for the revelry in Punxsutawney in northwestern Pennsylvania.
They made the trudge to Gobbler's Knob to rouse Phil, the weather prognosticating groundhog.
And it looks like we’re in for more winter after Phil saw his shadow.
Legend says if Phil sees his shadow, we're in for six more weeks of winter. If Phil doesn't see his shadow, spring comes early ...<TABLE class=storyAd cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=storyAdObj>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>http://www.wgal.com/weather/6674754/detail.html?rss=lan&psp=irresistible

looks like I'll have to pack a pair of warm extra socks :rolleyes:

neo
02-02-2006, 09:59
ground hogs day is my ex wifes birthday:cool: neo

RedneckRye
02-02-2006, 10:10
We haven't even had 6 weeks of winter here in central Ohio yet. I was out running errands on Monday in a t-shirt. Lets see at least some snow this year.

anneandbenhike
02-02-2006, 10:55
I have the earliest daffodils blooming in my 23 years here...where is winter? We have not had a winter snow hike in two years in the local area (we are 20 minutes from the AT near Double Springs, 421, and then on to Damascus)

totempole99
02-02-2006, 15:14
Bump Phil. I go by General Beauregard Lee, Ph. D., down here in Georgia and he didn't see his shadow.

Bump Phil. I go by General Beauregard Lee, Ph. D., down here

Dances with Mice
02-02-2006, 16:11
Bump Phil. I go by General Beauregard Lee, Ph. D., down here in Georgia and he didn't see his shadow.Right! So that means it will warm up in Georgia before it does in Pennsylvania!

Duh.

gargamel
02-02-2006, 16:30
Maybe there should be held an All-American-Ground-Hog-Conference to find a consensus on this delicate issue. :rolleyes:

tiamalle
02-02-2006, 16:35
Maybe there should be held an All-American-Ground-Hog-Conference to find a consensus on this delicate issue. :rolleyes:3 days of bad weather in the tarheel.just enough to mess up the soruck

gargamel
02-02-2006, 16:48
3 days of bad weather in the tarheel.just enough to mess up the soruck

There is no such a thing as bad weather, only bad clothing. [old Norwegian proverb]

Just kidding :)

Moxie00
02-02-2006, 17:18
Groundhog is quite good when it is grilled and served with a little sage and brown mustard. I'm from Maine and only six more weeks of winter would be an extra early spring for us.

snowhoe
02-02-2006, 17:19
Pete the praire dog didnt see his shadow, but he was to scared to come out because William the wolf was there.

fivefour
02-02-2006, 17:24
We haven't even had 6 weeks of winter here in central Ohio yet. I was out running errands on Monday in a t-shirt. Lets see at least some snow this year.

Same here ... it has been spring for 3 months now.

Dances with Mice
02-02-2006, 20:14
Maybe there should be held an All-American-Ground-Hog-Conference to find a consensus on this delicate issue. :rolleyes:

I'm in! A "Ground-Hog-Conference" would be about sausage.

Lone Wolf
02-02-2006, 20:17
Groundhog is quite good when it is grilled and served with a little sage and brown mustard. I'm from Maine and only six more weeks of winter would be an extra early spring for us.
Friggin varmints. Fun to shoot and let the buzzards eat them.

DavidNH
02-02-2006, 20:23
hey there is always 6 more weeks (at least!) of winter after Feb 2. So what do we care about this ground hog?

oh btw..forecast calls for winter to return with a vengence next week!

January was too warm...no way we can get off this easy! Rember December and the below zero temps? (well here in northeast anyway!).

David

Dances with Mice
02-02-2006, 20:25
It is great to see so much interest in Groundhog Day, an important day in the fight against the insidious influence of Sports Juggling!

The protest against Sports Juggling will kick off this Saturday with the Groundhog Day parade through downtown Atlanta, culminating at Cross Keys High School just off I-85 north of the Brookwood Intersection. Atlantans know what I'm talking about.

Organized juggling protests will continue until 2PM when a marching band will herald the start of the Groundhog Day Juggling competition to raise funds to continue the struggle against the evil forces of Sports Juggling.

Some of you may think I'm joking:
http://www.atlantajugglers.org/festivals/gh06.htm

Lone Wolf
02-02-2006, 20:29
DEATH to all groundhogs! Whack em and stack em!:cool:

Green Bean
02-02-2006, 20:32
hopefully it really brings WINTER!! it looks like it may as the forcast says colder temps are upon us!! ~GB

gargamel
02-02-2006, 20:37
It is great to see so much interest in Groundhog Day, an important day in the fight against the insidious influence of Sports Juggling!

The protest against Sports Juggling will kick off this Saturday with the Groundhog Day parade through downtown Atlanta, culminating at Cross Keys High School just off I-85 north of the Brookwood Intersection. Atlantans know what I'm talking about.

Organized juggling protests will continue until 2PM when a marching band will herald the start of the Groundhog Day Juggling competition to raise funds to continue the struggle against the evil forces of Sports Juggling.

Some of you may think I'm joking:
http://www.atlantajugglers.org/festivals/gh06.htm

I didn't know that groundhogs are used for sports juggling. :rolleyes:

Lone Wolf
02-02-2006, 20:38
The deader the better.

freefall
02-02-2006, 21:15
I'm in! A "Ground-Hog-Conference" would be about sausage.

How about a groundhog cage match? Last varmit standing.....

drsukie
02-03-2006, 00:07
Sorry - I just HAVE to. It's too funny, no matter is you are blue or red or purple ..

This year, Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address fall in the same week. As Air America Radio pointed out::
<TT></TT>
<TT>"It is an ironic juxtaposition: one </TT><TT><?x-tad-smaller>involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little </TT><TT><?x-tad-smaller>intelligence for prognostication, and the other involves a groundhog."</TT>
<TT></TT>
<TT>Hee hee ;) Sue<?/x-tad-smaller></TT>