PDA

View Full Version : Northern NY Shuttle Needed (8/12 or 8/14)

cafefrog83
08-01-2017, 09:39
Hi,

I am looking for a shuttle from the Hoyt Rd parking area on the NY/CT stateline to Dennytown Rd parking lot in NY (north on the trail from Bear Mountain) on either the morning of Saturday 8/12 or the late morning/early afternoon on 8/14.

I am trying to connect my mid-atlantic and southern new england sections to finish off NY.

Hummy is out of town (I already tried). Other people available? It looks like there is a drought of shuttles in northern NY.

Thanks,
Jen

BillyGr
08-01-2017, 12:22
Just FYI, you might want to repost with a different title, since this is not really Northern NY (perhaps on the AT but not overall) - seeing this made me think of someone trying to get somewhere in the Adirondacks.

Others may not spot it either, thinking it's way out of their local area.

Another Kevin
08-01-2017, 18:17
Have you tried the services listed in http://appalachiantrail.org/docs/default-source/default-document-library/at-shuttles-parking-amp-vandalism-2017-07-07.pdf?sfvrsn=0 ? Dana Murphy does longer shuttles than what you're asking for. There's also, if memory serves, some sort of taxi service at the Metro-North station in Wingdale, about 3 miles from Hoyt Road.

(And I, too, thought "Adirondacks" when I saw the title.)