PDA

View Full Version : NF Furnace 5F Pro Down Sleeping Bag (reg) $125

Emerson Bigills
08-03-2017, 09:19
This bag is a year old and was used this winter for less than 3 weeks. It is in very good shape, with no tears, stains or odors. It will keep you warm in the advertised ranges. Asking $125 and will ship within CONUS. Send me a private message or reply with your contact.

Mike

Elaikases
08-06-2017, 20:44
Some details on the bag:

550-fill-power ProDown™ natural goose down insulation is light and lofty
ProDown™ is enhanced with a hydrophobic finish that improves warmth by allowing it to dry faster and repel moisture up to 10 times longer than untreated down
Anti-compression pads made from Heatseeker™ Eco synthetic insulation are sewn into high-pressure areas that contact the ground to create an insulating buffer
Shaped hood and down-insulated draft collar hold in warmth
Insulated draft tube backs the zipper to prevent warm air from escaping; antisnag tape keeps the zipper from catching on the draft tube
3/4-length, 2-way zipper lets you make adjustments for ventilation

Best Use
Backpacking

EN Lower Limit
9 degrees Fahrenheit

EN Comfort
24 degrees Fahrenheit

Temperature Rating (F)
0 degrees Fahrenheit

Temperature Rating (C)
-18 degrees Celsius

Weight
3 lbs. 8 oz. / 3 lbs. 14 oz.

copro
08-07-2017, 13:46
Can either of you comment how it compresses down? NF site says 10x19? What kind of pack did you cram this into? :)

Some details on the bag:

550-fill-power ProDown™ natural goose down insulation is light and lofty
ProDown™ is enhanced with a hydrophobic finish that improves warmth by allowing it to dry faster and repel moisture up to 10 times longer than untreated down
Anti-compression pads made from Heatseeker™ Eco synthetic insulation are sewn into high-pressure areas that contact the ground to create an insulating buffer
Shaped hood and down-insulated draft collar hold in warmth
Insulated draft tube backs the zipper to prevent warm air from escaping; antisnag tape keeps the zipper from catching on the draft tube
3/4-length, 2-way zipper lets you make adjustments for ventilation

Best Use
Backpacking

EN Lower Limit
9 degrees Fahrenheit

EN Comfort
24 degrees Fahrenheit

Temperature Rating (F)
0 degrees Fahrenheit

Temperature Rating (C)
-18 degrees Celsius

Weight
3 lbs. 8 oz. / 3 lbs. 14 oz.

Emerson Bigills
08-07-2017, 15:52
Copro, I carried this at the beginning of my 2017 Thru Hike. I used a compression sack and had it in my Zpacks Arc Haul. It does take up some space, but I still had all my gear inside the pack including about 4-5 days of food. I swapped it out for my 20 degree bag after the Smokies, which was a mistake. I hiked in 5 inches of snow from Hot Springs to Erwin and saw night time temps in the teens and low 20's. I left on Feb 20. If I had to do it over, I would take the 5 degree bag past Roan Mtn and then swap it to my 20. While I had the 5 degree bag, I did not worry about the temperature one bit. Everyone else would be asking about weather updates and I didn't really worry, as long as their wasn't snow forecast. I knew I would be warm in my bag at night. It isn't much heavier than my 20 degree bag, but it is a bit bulkier.

Emerson Bigills
08-14-2017, 19:08
This bag is sold.