PDA

View Full Version : Klymit Insulated Static V Lite sleeping pad @ Massdrop

DownEaster
08-11-2017, 12:12
I've reluctantly concluded this ugly orange pad would be the best fit for my NoBo AT hike next year, and Massdrop has it listed for the next couple of days. See the drop here (https://www.massdrop.com/buy/klymit-insulated-static-v-lite).

40059 40060

The "Static V" design gives room between the "V"s for the insulation in your sleeping bag beneath you to expand, where on a flat pad that insulation would be compressed to uselessness. (I hope this works better than the last drop I joined: they cancelled the Darn Tough Hiker Micro Crew Cushion order because Darn Tough wasn't able to supply enough product for the drop.)

JC13
08-11-2017, 13:40
Just so you are aware, they make an UL version of the same pad with the same R-value. It weighs 16.9 oz vs 19.6 oz. It also comes up on Massdrop fairly regularly. It is more narrow than the non-UL and it is made of a 20D instead of 30D. The UL is 3 in less wide at 20" vs 23".

DuneElliot
08-11-2017, 15:45
I have the Static V Lite...love it. You can't go wrong with that pad.

TWhack
08-11-2017, 18:11
I have 2 of them love them. Only issue mine have is the leaky valve syndrome. Klymit has a YouTube video on how to fix them once you do that they are great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DownEaster
08-11-2017, 20:04
Just so you are aware, they make an UL version of the same pad with the same R-value. It weighs 16.9 oz vs 19.6 oz. It also comes up on Massdrop fairly regularly. It is more narrow than the non-UL and it is made of a 20D instead of 30D. The UL is 3 in less wide at 20" vs 23".
Yes, I know about this pad, and it was my original choice before I tried sleeping on my CCF pad again for the first time in some years. From that experiment I deduced two things: (1) I'm no longer able to get a good night's rest on a thin pad; and (2) as a "rotisserie" sleeper, I kept rolling off the edges of a pad only 20" wide. 2.7 oz. extra for more comfort and more durability seems like a reasonable price to pay. I do hate the orange color, though.

daddytwosticks
08-12-2017, 12:43

My Static V lite insulated pad is 23 inches wide. I've only used it a few times this year and like it very much. :)

AfterParty
08-12-2017, 15:27
I got the static v luxe and I love it!!

Mac-Gear
08-17-2017, 12:27
I have both the mass drop lite version and ugly Orange version on really hard slick surfaces it will wiggle out from under you if you toss and turn at night. Otherwise great pads

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

DownEaster
08-22-2017, 23:29
Just to follow up, this (Insulated Static V Ultra Lite) pad is no longer being made. The replacement is the Ultralight V, which is the same in dimensions (though with the addition of short and long/wide versions) and color, but with different valves. It's also only $2 cheaper than the orange 3" wider model I received yesterday.