PDA

View Full Version : Solplex/Duplex now Free standing!

One Half
08-13-2017, 23:21
I have been considering ordering a set of tent poles for my solplex as I go back and forth on whether or not I want to keep hiking with poles. I guess I at least want the option to NOT carry hiking poles. So I stumbled across this new option. The poles make the tent free standing as long as you don't need the vestibule. You can still stake out the vestibule though and you can stake out the corners in high winds. But these new poles mean you DON'T HAVE TO carry hiking poles. (and honestly, some women's poles aren't even tall enough for a solplex from what I have found). Thought I would just share.

http://zpacks.com/shelter/solplex-flex.shtml

Maineiac64
08-14-2017, 05:42
You can also buy a zpacks carbon fiber pole as well if you dont need freestanding.

cmoulder
08-14-2017, 07:13
I understand that Zpacks is merely responding to demand from those who THINK that this is a needed "upgrade" but it is utterly ridiculous and unnecessary.

My very humble opinion, of course. :o

Rex Clifton
08-14-2017, 07:46
I understand that Zpacks is merely responding to demand from those who THINK that this is a needed "upgrade" but it is utterly ridiculous and unnecessary.

My very humble opinion, of course. :o

I have the flex poles and they work great. Originally bought for canoeing but now I use most of the time. It's really nice being able to move the tent to the best spot plus not having a trekking pole blocking the entrance is convenient. You can still stake out the vestibules, but I found you have to keep it symmetrical, so if you close both doors on one side out have to do the same to the other, otherwise the tent is off kilter. My only concern is that the poles seem fragile, handle with care!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro