PDA

View Full Version : NOBOS And Whiteblaze Hiker feed

Gray Blazer
02-03-2006, 15:00
It's set. Family and friends (noone from whiteblaze, yet) will be AT Rocky Bald, Nantahalas, NC doing a 2 day all day hiker feed Mar 25 and 26. It would be really nice that if you are not Thru hiking if you could help out. I'll be bringing my guitar and flute (And Claves) and other musicians are coming and camping out, also. It is a beautiful place to camp out and there are good day hikes in either direction. Rocky Bald is North of Cold Springs Shelter and South of Tellico Gap. I'm signing off for now. I'll log back on Monday if you have any questions.

:welcome

neo
02-03-2006, 15:02
It's set. Family and friends (noone from whiteblaze, yet) will be AT Rocky Bald, Nantahalas, NC doing a 2 day all day hiker feed Mar 25 and 26. It would be really nice that if you are not Thru hiking if you could help out. I'll be bringing my guitar and flute (And Claves) and other musicians are coming and camping out, also. It is a beautiful place to camp out and there are good day hikes in either direction. Rocky Bald is North of Cold Springs Shelter and South of Tellico Gap. I'm signing off for now. I'll log back on Monday if you have any questions.

:welcome

sounds pretty awesome to me:cool: neo

dixicritter
02-03-2006, 17:51
I am sure SGT Rock wishes he could be there! I hope you get the support needed. Good luck and have a great time, if I could I'd bring my boys so they could experience it first hand unfortunately I doubt I'll be able to.

Gray Blazer
02-06-2006, 08:37
Any NOBOS out there? When are you leaving on your trek and do you think you'll be by on the last weekend in March? Anybody got a good guess on how many thru hikers might come by Rocky Bald that weekend?

minnesotasmith
02-06-2006, 08:48
Close to March 2 - 5. Too early for this nice-sounding event, I'm afraid.

camich
02-06-2006, 10:47
How much help do you have lined up? My husband and I are planning to begin a hike at Albert Mt Bypass on Mar 27th. If we can work it out to arrive in the area a couple of days early we would like to help. We cooked hamburgers and hotdogs last March near Wayah bald...it was fun. We can't contribute to the music...that would be SCARY!!!

Frosty
02-06-2006, 10:51
Any NOBOS out there? When are you leaving on your trek and do you think you'll be by on the last weekend in March? Anybody got a good guess on how many thru hikers might come by Rocky Bald that weekend?I hope to be leaving Springer Mar 7, so I'll be through the area about a week before you set up.

Gray Blazer
02-06-2006, 12:37
How much help do you have lined up? My husband and I are planning to begin a hike at Albert Mt Bypass on Mar 27th. If we can work it out to arrive in the area a couple of days early we would like to help. We cooked hamburgers and hotdogs last March near Wayah bald...it was fun. We can't contribute to the music...that would be SCARY!!!

:welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome

I have a little help lined up. Come on anyway. It is a beautiful spot with lots of camping. Email me about details. This hiker feed is a little different and a little ambitious as it will not be right by a road but 2 miles up the mountain.

ScottP
02-06-2006, 13:12
How many miles from springer is Rocky Bald? I'll be in Hiawassee on the 25th

Gray Blazer
02-06-2006, 14:59
How many miles from springer is Rocky Bald? I'll be in Hiawassee on the 25th

I'm not sure, I don't have my guide with me. Any help out there?:confused: :confused: :confused:

gargamel
02-06-2006, 15:02
My list shows Cold Spring Shelter at mile 122,6 and Telico Gap at mile 126,2

camich
02-06-2006, 15:05
According to the '06 databook (providing I'm reading it correctly)...it's 124.3 miles from Springer to the side trail to Rocky Bald.

Gray Blazer
02-07-2006, 09:51
According to the '06 databook (providing I'm reading it correctly)...it's 124.3 miles from Springer to the side trail to Rocky Bald.

That sounds right.:welcome

Gray Blazer
02-07-2006, 09:52
:jump There is a good spring nearby so we won't have to lug much water.:jump :jump