PDA

View Full Version : Reebok All Terrain Freedom trail runners

DownEaster
08-31-2017, 00:39
These shoes (http://www.reebok.com/us/all-terrain-freedom/BD1479.html?cm_mmc=ReebokSEM_Ebay-_--_--_--_-dv:eCom&cm_mmc1=US&utm_source=shopping&utm_medium=cse&utm_term=889772144309) are on sale through Labor Day. The reviews have been mostly positive, with the caution that they run large/wide. I haven't located them locally, but these shoes sounds like an ideal match for my "high volume" foot size issue, and Reebok offers free return shipping if I get it wrong.

I'm hoping someone here has experience with the All Terrain Freedoms which they can share.

MuddyWaters
08-31-2017, 05:23
The primary issue is how it works with YOUR foot.
Theres only one way to find out....only one
Buy it and try it

My standard advice
Buy only from running warehouse or zappos
Free shipping and free return shipping
Try a lot of shoes
No, I mean a LOT of shoes
Seriously
In different sizes of each
Cost you $0

This is your single most important gear item
Give it the attention and respect it deserves
$ is a secondary consideration. Find what works, then decide what you want to spend.

All last yr models, of all $130 shoes, eventually are put on clearance for $65 or so.
If you know what you want, you can get any shoe for this price by waiting several months. But you need to have figured out whaat shoe ahead of time. By trying lots of them.
Running warehouse will let you return shoes used. So will REI.

Will Reebok?

3 brands of shoes I will never again buy personally.
Bad experiences last forever . In my experiences, the poorest made shoes I ever bought

Fila
Reebok
Nike

DownEaster
08-31-2017, 13:29
My standard advice
Buy only from running warehouse or zappos
Free shipping and free return shipping
I can understand being loyal to particular stores. However, Zappos charges 15% off list for the shoes, while Reebok through this sale is discounting them 30%. Both offer free shipping and free return shipping. I figure going direct to the manufacturer would make resolving any issues simpler.

MuddyWaters
08-31-2017, 18:55
I figure going direct to the manufacturer would make resolving any issues simpler.

Not necessarilly.

I doubt reebok allows you to return well used shoes because you decided you didnt like them after 100 miles.

Buy from whoever you want. As i indicated, all shoes go on clearance somewhere when new models are released. Use zappos an rw to find the best shoes for you at no cost. Whether you give them the sale is up to you.

DrL
09-03-2017, 09:21
My first pair of trail runners were Reeboks. They fell apart fairly quickly.

Huntmog
09-05-2017, 23:48
Echo above....reeboks aren't exactly known for long lasting....

You can get much nicer shoes in that price point. Altra Lone 3.0s etc