PDA

View Full Version : Best shuttle company for VA Creeper

earlyriser26
09-06-2017, 12:26
Going to bring my own bike and get shuttled to Whitetop station. Recommendations of shuttle service in Damascus?

Gambit McCrae
09-06-2017, 12:27
Lonewolf/ sundog outfitter. Both have taken care of me many times A++

T-Rx
09-06-2017, 13:47
Lonewolf/ sundog outfitter. Both have taken care of me many times A++

+1 on this recommendation. Used them many times myself. Lone wolf shuttled us the last time we rode the creeper trail.

Lone Wolf
09-06-2017, 13:59
http://www.sundogoutfitter.com/

earlyriser26
09-06-2017, 14:14
Thanks all. Going out next week for a ride if the weather is good. I have always wanted to do this ride after discovering the Creeper on a hike through Damascus.

Mr. Bumpy
09-06-2017, 17:38
I'll be a contrarian. Stay at the campground in Whitetop or drive up. Bike down then use the shuttles to back up. This does a couple of things 1) If in the AM you are moving slow or want a second cup of joe you don't have to worry about meeting your shuttle at whatever time; and 2) it is busy this time of year but it is relatively easy to get a shuttle back up in the afternoon than in the AM. I have done this several times with groups and never had trouble getting back up in the afternoon even though we have never made reservations. When you are ready to go back up top just roll up to any of the shuttle services. You won't wait more than 1/2 hour.

Alleghanian Orogeny
09-07-2017, 11:11
If for any reason Sundog can't accommodate you, we have an unbroken 8 years of doing entirely satisfactory business with Rick at Blue Blaze for bike rentals/shuttles and shuttles only. Located at the west end of downtown Damascus right by the bridge and about 100' from the VCT.

AO

gwschenk
09-07-2017, 22:36
We used Bicycle Junction, they were great. The bikes were nothing fancy but they were very well maintained and handled great.

HighlandsHiker
09-14-2017, 18:08
2nd re: Rick at Blue Blaze - we take a large scout troop (80+) and he has always been helpful, accommodating, and flexible