PDA

View Full Version : Hasty Hooch by Minibullldesigns

mbroadhe
02-04-2006, 03:34
Anyone built the Hasty Hooch by Mini Bull Designs?
http://www.minibulldesign.com/fs2.htm
Just looking to see if anyone has a review to give.

jasonklass
02-06-2006, 15:36
I made one last year but haven't camped in it yet because I wasn't happy with the way it turned out. The weather was damp and cold so the spray adhesive didn't stick well. I have enough materials to make about 10 of them and once the weather warms up in Colorado, I'm going to make another one. I did pitch it though and it seemed pretty cool. It's pretty roomy when pitched low. I think one thing I would change is maybe putting a slightly larger peak on the front.

mbroadhe
02-06-2006, 23:18
I've been looking all over for a 10x10 tarp to no avail. Any suggestions? Also, what do estimate the weight of a tarp that big is?

jasonklass
02-07-2006, 14:42
I had the same problem! Everywhere I looked they only had 8 X 10 tarps. I finally found some on eBay. I think I got about 5 of them (10 X 10) for something like $20. I can send you one if you like (it's green). Just email me at [email protected] .

K-Man
02-07-2006, 15:23
I used plastic sheeting that I cut to 10x10. I bought a huge roll of it a the Depot. The only issue I had was that I needed to make my own grommets, which required significant reinforcement due to the lower tensile strength of the plastic vs the tarp. The end result was a functional shelter, but it was still a little too heavy for my liking. When I tarp tent I use the tacoma light tarp from dancing light.

mbroadhe
02-10-2006, 00:34
I had the same problem! Everywhere I looked they only had 8 X 10 tarps. I finally found some on eBay. I think I got about 5 of them (10 X 10) for something like $20. I can send you one if you like (it's green). Just email me at [email protected] .
I appreciate the offer, but I after looking at the 8x10 tarps and getting my hands around it, it may be a bit heavy for me. Thanks though.

neo
02-10-2006, 10:41
Anyone built the Hasty Hooch by Mini Bull Designs?
http://www.minibulldesign.com/fs2.htm
Just looking to see if anyone has a review to give.

interesting website:cool: neo

neo
02-10-2006, 10:42
I used plastic sheeting that I cut to 10x10. I bought a huge roll of it a the Depot. The only issue I had was that I needed to make my own grommets, which required significant reinforcement due to the lower tensile strength of the plastic vs the tarp. The end result was a functional shelter, but it was still a little too heavy for my liking. When I tarp tent I use the tacoma light tarp from dancing light.

i have a tacoma solo tarp and a tacoma solo tent,brawny makes great gear:cool: neo

jasonklass
02-10-2006, 10:45
I appreciate the offer, but I after looking at the 8x10 tarps and getting my hands around it, it may be a bit heavy for me. Thanks though.

Yeah, the real appeal of the Hasty Hooch is the price, not the weight. You can get a silnylon one that weighs next to nothing.

parkinson1963
02-12-2006, 22:02
I made one from a 10 by 12 tarp, I just cut about two feet of one end .

I then followed the directions I got fromTinny. When I was done I folded the cut end up about two inches and glued down.

It ened up weighing two pounds including the stakes and a tyvek ground cloth.

I used it one a three day trip last fall and it worked great even in some rain.

I used the plastic gromets to add the two grommets I needed. The only problem is that it folds very bulky. I am making a new one in the spring with a lighter tarp I found at ace hardware in that translucent colour.

Please use the spray outdoors as the fumes are very high.