PDA

View Full Version : Evernew Ti Mug 760 FD 2.5oz!!!

poolskaterx
09-11-2017, 13:11
Maybe I did a bad job searching, but I couldn't find any reviews on this?

2.5oz seems pretty great! Love to hear feed back from anyone that has used this particular pot and if it is sturdy enough; looks like the dimensions will fit a gas canister. Thanks for any words of advice:)

poolskaterx
09-11-2017, 19:05
Maybe I did a bad job searching, but I couldn't find any reviews on this?

2.5oz seems pretty great! Love to hear feed back from anyone that has used this particular pot and if it is sturdy enough; looks like the dimensions will fit a gas canister. Thanks for any words of advice:)

Ok,ok... maybe I'm a little impatient? 40 views and not a single reply! I just bought the darn pot and I'll let ya'll know what I think of it when I get it.

poolskaterx
09-11-2017, 19:07
lol, I forgot to refresh my page; it was over 90 views, ha,ha!

SWODaddy
09-11-2017, 19:14
Hmm. Well, not having a lid probably helps with the weight.

poolskaterx
09-11-2017, 19:39
They sell a lid for it that adds 13 grams, making it still the lightest I have found in this size. Myself, I'll just use tin foil as it is multipurpose
:)

poolskaterx
09-14-2017, 19:28
Wow!!! This pot is light; I couldn't wait till I got home to post. I guess 69grams feels even lighter when it is in the shape of a cook pot. I'm stoked.

poolskaterx
09-14-2017, 19:38
40293 in all its' glory :)

I gotta check and make sure a gas canister fits inside when I get home but I am 99.9% sure it will. This is gonna shave some ounces from my previous cook pot!!!

Venchka
09-14-2017, 19:58
Well?????
Which canister fits inside? Time to boil 500 ml?
Cheers!
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

poolskaterx
09-14-2017, 23:37
Well?????
Which canister fits inside? Time to boil 500 ml?
Cheers!
Wayne

The small diameter canisters fit. I think they are specified as 3.5in. Going from my Optimus weekender pot set and folding crux stove I am shaving over 10 ounces, WOW!!! I just boiled with my new BRS ti stove (it is so tiny) and I was at a rolling boil at just under 3 minutes... did I mention I just shaved 10 ounces!!!
New stove 25grams vs 88g for the old stove, new pot is 68g vs old pot and fry lid at 290g; old pot set up was the fry pan/pot combo with the heat ring from Optimus(it did work very good)

TTT
09-15-2017, 04:38
Will you be cooking in it or only boiling water, and if so, what will you be cooking? Does not having a lid bring any problems?

poolskaterx
09-15-2017, 11:18
Mostly water just boiling water. Noodles and rice is about the extent of cooking if you can call that cooking, lol. I'll fashion a lid to keep heat in when boiling; the DIY is my favorite part👍

Venchka
09-15-2017, 14:50
3 minutes to boil how many ounces of water?
Wayne

poolskaterx
09-15-2017, 17:31
3 minutes to boil how many ounces of water?
Wayne

It wasn't a real technical test; probably about 450ml or a little more (about a cup of coffee); I was really just checking to make sure the stove worked. I'll do some actual tests with temps and timers if you are curious. The pot is very thin so heat transfers instantly and the little ti BRS stove is pretty impressive (again its so tiny). Ill put some images up comparing my optimus crux stove and the BRS; should I start a new thread for that since this is supposed to be about the pot?

Venchka
09-15-2017, 17:57
No worries. Just curious. I'm pleased with my new JetBoil SOL. I also picked up a SnowPeak 700 pot and Pocket Rocket Labor Day weekend. My stoves and pots runneth over.
Thanks! Enjoy!
Wayne

poolskaterx
09-15-2017, 20:36
I may post up when I test it out as I am a little curious myself 👍🏻

poolskaterx
09-16-2017, 14:12
My home made pot lid at 11grams; it's the bottom of a Trader Joe's coffee can and a pop rivet bent over for the handle.

TTT
09-16-2017, 17:52
When will you be cooking in it?

poolskaterx
09-16-2017, 21:02
When will you be cooking in it?

Not sure "exactly" what you are asking? Do you want to know about "on the trail" tests? If so it'll be in 3-4 weeks.

poolskaterx
09-19-2017, 18:23
At elevation of 200ft above sea level I did a 500ml test on 68 degree water; had it bubbling at just under 2 minutes. I made quick/sloppy video but I have no real way to link it and post:(

poolskaterx
11-02-2017, 14:29
At elevation of 200ft above sea level I did a 500ml test on 68 degree water; had it bubbling at just under 2 minutes. I made quick/sloppy video but I have no real way to link it and post:(

Well, I used the pot over a 3 day trip into Desolation Wilderness and it worked great!!! Only issue I had was afterwards with the DIY lid... it started rusting when I got home; not a huge deal but it's not how I roll,lol. For $12 I picked up the matching Evernew "multi dish" that works as a lid and a plate (multi use) It also works as a super cool titanium coffee mug coaster on my desk when not hiking. Love the new set up.

JoeVogel
11-07-2017, 09:22
Yes! I love evernew. they have the lightest Ti gear. Although its super thin and slightly more delicate than others. I have a 900ml pot with a frying pan lid that weighs 4.3oz. I don't always bring the pan and that makes it the lightest pot I have owned. I almost always make my own meals and cook it directly in the pot so I usually don't use a lid, but i'm happy to hear that making one would be around 11g. I may just make one of my own now.

Have you had any problem with warping? I have read some reviews of people complaining about it but have never experienced it myself. I have always been very careful not to overheat it or use it with a lack of liquid. It instructions on mine also say to not use a metal spoon or utensil. I have always used a bamboo spoon so its not a problem for me but I am curious how durable they are.

poolskaterx
11-07-2017, 21:04
Yes! I love evernew. they have the lightest Ti gear. Although its super thin and slightly more delicate than others. I have a 900ml pot with a frying pan lid that weighs 4.3oz. I don't always bring the pan and that makes it the lightest pot I have owned. I almost always make my own meals and cook it directly in the pot so I usually don't use a lid, but i'm happy to hear that making one would be around 11g. I may just make one of my own now.

Have you had any problem with warping? I have read some reviews of people complaining about it but have never experienced it myself. I have always been very careful not to overheat it or use it with a lack of liquid. It instructions on mine also say to not use a metal spoon or utensil. I have always used a bamboo spoon so its not a problem for me but I am curious how durable they are.

Well, my DIY lid worked great for the three days and then started to rust so I replaced it with the evernew plate/lid that fits it nicely. It was like $12-13 shipped and is made of ti. Pot has been good so far but only really has 4 days and 4 nights on it so far. I did a 6-7 min simmer (9000ft) for some noodles to soften them up and heated copious amounts of water to keep warm drinks in me as it was not even 20 degrees in the am!
I am being careful with the pot as it is thin but I think it is a winner! Just right for hydrating meals along with making a full size cup of coffee. I use a long handled ti spoon, I wonder if that will ever be an issue?