PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen this gold Aegismax Chinese bag

wordstew
09-11-2017, 17:05
Has anyone seen or bought the gold colored Aegismax sleeping bag?....I did (large size). It was fairly inexpensive so I could not resist trying it.. I wrote a quick review on amazon (link below). when I got to try it out in around 40F in a lite shirt and hiking pants. I had to open it up for ventilation and use it as a quilt, it was actually warm for me zipped.
Most of my bag experience has been in the military so I would be curious to see a review from someone with civilian time in bags. (link below)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074M6DB12/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Temperature rating(EN 13537):
Comfort:+7° C/45° F
Lower Limit:+2° C/36° F
Extreme:-12° C/10° F
Season rating: Indoor/Summer/Spring/Autumn
Insulation type:800 Fill Power 95/5 White Goose Down
Zip options:Regular-left;Large-Right
Fill weights (grams):Regular-400g;Large-724g
Bag weights (grams):Regular-450g;Large-792g
Sleeping bag shape:Tapered rectangular
Fill ratio (top/bottom):55/45
Baffle design:lateral baffles
Shell design:Differential cut shell
Outer shell fabric:iFlex15D Nylon with DWR,high density down proof weave.
Inner fabric:iFlex15D Nylon with skin & soft,high density down proof weave.
Zip Draft Tube:Yes with anti-snag
Neck Draft Tube:Yes
Security Pocket:NO
Zip:YKK5# DU N-ANTI P-TOP REVERSE
Zip together:Regular and Large can zip together
Fabric size(Inner):Regular-190CM X 78/75in X 31in;Large-200cm X 82cm/79in X 32in
Shrink min size:Regular-183cm X 72cm /72in X 28in;Large-193cm X 75cm/76in X 30in
Recommended Height for User:Regular-180cm/71in;Large-200cm/79in
Chest Circumference:Regular-146cm/57in;Large-167cm/66in
Hip Circumference:Regular-130cm/51in;Large-150cm/59in
Foot Circumference:Regular:98cm/38in;Large:104cm/41in
Compression sack volume:Regular and Large:Diameter:18cm/7in Height:40cm/16in;Vol.max/min:10L/3.3L

Curious G
09-11-2017, 18:44
Has anyone seen or bought the gold colored Aegismax sleeping bag?....I did (large size). It was fairly inexpensive so I could not resist trying it.. I wrote a quick review on amazon (link below). when I got to try it out in around 40F in a lite shirt and hiking pants. I had to open it up for ventilation and use it as a quilt, it was actually warm for me zipped.
Most of my bag experience has been in the military so I would be curious to see a review from someone with civilian time in bags. (link below)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074M6DB12/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Temperature rating(EN 13537):
Comfort:+7° C/45° F
Lower Limit:+2° C/36° F
Extreme:-12° C/10° F
Season rating: Indoor/Summer/Spring/Autumn
Insulation type:800 Fill Power 95/5 White Goose Down
Zip options:Regular-left;Large-Right
Fill weights (grams):Regular-400g;Large-724g
Bag weights (grams):Regular-450g;Large-792g
Sleeping bag shape:Tapered rectangular
Fill ratio (top/bottom):55/45
Baffle design:lateral baffles
Shell design:Differential cut shell
Outer shell fabric:iFlex15D Nylon with DWR,high density down proof weave.
Inner fabric:iFlex15D Nylon with skin & soft,high density down proof weave.
Zip Draft Tube:Yes with anti-snag
Neck Draft Tube:Yes
Security Pocket:NO
Zip:YKK5# DU N-ANTI P-TOP REVERSE
Zip together:Regular and Large can zip together
Fabric size(Inner):Regular-190CM X 78/75in X 31in;Large-200cm X 82cm/79in X 32in
Shrink min size:Regular-183cm X 72cm /72in X 28in;Large-193cm X 75cm/76in X 30in
Recommended Height for User:Regular-180cm/71in;Large-200cm/79in
Chest Circumference:Regular-146cm/57in;Large-167cm/66in
Hip Circumference:Regular-130cm/51in;Large-150cm/59in
Foot Circumference:Regular:98cm/38in;Large:104cm/41in
Compression sack volume:Regular and Large:Diameter:18cm/7in Height:40cm/16in;Vol.max/min:10L/3.3L

Kinda awesome at 120 beans - I'm thinking about flexing my prime membership. Would like to hear from some owners though.

Elaikases
09-11-2017, 20:39
Kinda awesome at 120 beans - I'm thinking about flexing my prime membership. Would like to hear from some owners though.

Wonder what it would be comfortable down to (for real temperatures) with a light base layer on and a good pad (like a thermarest or klymet).

Looking forward to hearing from others here.

Elaikases
09-11-2017, 21:25
Reviews I could find (not all for the gold, some for similar):

https://www.reddit.com/r/Ultralight/comments/5nyrdl/aegismax_sleeping_bags_are_good/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Ultralight/comments/4fr6j6/aegismax_bag_finally_arrived/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Ultralight/comments/4issp6/my_opinion_on_the_budget_aegismax_down_sleeping/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EyAQ2IdGL0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huxNXIeK8rU

The quilt https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EyAQ2IdGL0 (an alternative -- the quilt has been reviewed here before).

AllDownhillFromHere
09-11-2017, 21:35
The major brands at least pretend to be "humane". I doubt chickety-china-brand even tries.

wordstew
09-11-2017, 22:11
The major brands at least pretend to be "humane". I doubt chickety-china-brand even tries.

Correct they pretend to be humane then most of the major brands in order to increase profit margins have their products sourced and or constructed in China, Vietnam etc. etc.etc...

As for these Aegismax bags they appear to be decent for the $$$....

Curious G
09-12-2017, 08:52

Yes an incredibly important consideration. I am very careful to be humane to all tiny animals just prior to their sudden violent murder, roasting on a spit, and then eating them with a side of Ramen. Saving their useful parts like feathers is a tribute to their lives. As is my super size.

Ethesis
09-12-2017, 11:15
So. No reviews then, other than politics?

wordstew
09-12-2017, 12:41
So. No reviews then, other than politics?

I've spent a total of two nights in this bag.... both nights in the 40s I found the bag to be too warm using the sleeping bag configuration I was wearing a t-shirt lite, hiking pants and short runners socks. I found that using it in the quilt configuration allowed me to vent thus keeping it a little cooler. However the wind was <5mph I still suspect given how warm it was for me even using this as a quilt in that temp with more wind would be adequate. I have the large size and like the amount of real-estate it provides even in sleeping bag configuration for when I get a case of the Jimmy legs. Also, when it's really cold I prefer (nesting) the comfort of having a little extra material to bunch up around me. Hopefully some other folks will give this bag a trial run.

Ethesis
09-12-2017, 12:53
I've spent a total of two nights in this bag.... both nights in the 40s I found the bag to be too warm using the sleeping bag configuration I was wearing a t-shirt lite, hiking pants and short runners socks. I found that using it in the quilt configuration allowed me to vent thus keeping it a little cooler. However the wind was <5mph I still suspect given how warm it was for me even using this as a quilt in that temp with more wind would be adequate. I have the large size and like the amount of real-estate it provides even in sleeping bag configuration for when I get a case of the Jimmy legs. Also, when it's really cold I prefer (nesting) the comfort of having a little extra material to bunch up around me. Hopefully some other folks will give this bag a trial run.
Thanks. That is a great review

Sailing_Faith
12-10-2017, 13:45
AEGISMAX UL Goose Down Sleeping Bag Tapered Rectangular Envelope Down Sleeping Bag Super Lighte Backpa... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074M68X5H?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

There have been a couple mentions of this bag in other threads, but not a dedicated thread... I am getting one so I want to share my observations...

I admit I have too many bags already. I DO see a place for this based on its light weight and lower cost...

what is the deal with the cinch straps at either end? Why would you ever want to be able to open up the foot end? Is that some kind of compromise for the ‘quilt’ guys? If so, what are the advantages?

wordstew
12-10-2017, 19:39
I'm surprised more folks have not discovered this bag.. It seems like a good deal for a hundred and twenty bucks..

JJ505
12-10-2017, 19:53
I have the lighter bag (I believe it was $75). Thinking I may add a liner as I don't think it will meet the 42 degree comfort level especially as I tend to sleep cold. Kind of a semi-mummy bag. I think would be good for summer. Has a very nice compression sack and an extra bag to store it. I've heard that they are much warmer after being washed with Nicwax. So sorry to say I have not really tested it, just my impression. Reminds me a lot of the 32 degree down jacket I bought. Very lightweight.

hipbone
12-10-2017, 20:36
I really like Hammock Gear econ line. US company with great prices and the owner is a pretty nice guy. Only about 30 bucks more...just another option

http://www.hammockgear.com/burrow-econ-20/

wordstew
12-10-2017, 21:34
I've use this gold Aegismax bag into the mid 30s F. Seemed to work pretty good. I have the large sized one, it appeared to me to be large enough for larger folks with broad shoulders or those with a little extra girth around the mid section to sleep in comfortably. The bag appears to be well made.

I also own the Aegismax Windhard quilt it comes in at 15oz on my scale Recently paired it with a technical blanket the thermarest proton and the combination worked very well around 30 degrees F.

Ethesis
12-10-2017, 23:14
I've use this gold Aegismax bag into the mid 30s F. Seemed to work pretty good. I have the large sized one, it appeared to me to be large enough for larger folks with broad shoulders or those with a little extra girth around the mid section to sleep in comfortably. The bag appears to be well made.

I also own the Aegismax Windhard quilt it comes in at 15oz on my scale Recently paired it with a technical blanket the thermarest proton and the combination worked very well around 30 degrees F.

Thank you for the real review and update.