PDA

View Full Version : Just Checking In!

Creek Dancer
09-27-2017, 13:48
Well....I still have the itch! The AT continues to call my name. For the past few years, I have been exploring the mountains of western North Carolina. But the AT is never far from my heart.

Anybody remember me?

Tipi Walter
09-27-2017, 13:59
If you live in Morganton then you live close to my old backpacking stomping grounds---beloved Pisgah NF Grandfather ranger district. I spent 40 years backpacking Upper Creek, Steels Creek, Harper/North Harper, Lost Cove Creek, Gragg Prong, Raider Camp, and all points within.

Creek Dancer
09-27-2017, 14:03
If you live in Morganton then you live close to my old backpacking stomping grounds---beloved Pisgah NF Grandfather ranger district. I spent 40 years backpacking Upper Creek, Steels Creek, Harper/North Harper, Lost Cove Creek, Gragg Prong, Raider Camp, and all points within.

I remember you Tipi!! Hope you are well. Mostly I have been hiking in Linville Gorge, Wilson Creek, Lost Cove, Shining Rock Wilderness and all over Pisgah NF Grandfather district. I love it out here, especially the waterfalls.

Creek Dancer
09-27-2017, 14:06
Is Rocketsocks (aka Snotty) still hang out in these parts?

surf-to-summit
09-27-2017, 14:08
I remember you Tipi!! Hope you are well. Mostly I have been hiking in Linville Gorge, Wilson Creek, Lost Cove, Shining Rock Wilderness and all over Pisgah NF Grandfather district. I love it out here, especially the waterfalls.

Hi there. So, I am venturing onto the AT for my very first time next week! :) I will be doing about 30 miles in the Roan Mountain Highlands. Ever been up that way? Any advice would be most appreciated.

Creek Dancer
09-27-2017, 14:12
Hi there. So, I am venturing onto the AT for my very first time next week! :) I will be doing about 30 miles in the Roan Mountain Highlands. Ever been up that way? Any advice would be most appreciated.

What a beautiful time of year to go! Not sure if you will be covering this section, but Overmountain Shelter is one of my favorites. I rarely stay in shelters, but this one is an exception. You will go to sleep and wake up to the most amazing view. You cross the water source as you approach the shelter. The weather can be very changeable up there, so be prepared for rain and cool nights despite the forecast. Other than that, have an amazing journey!

Tipi Walter
09-27-2017, 14:19

Here's some pics to welcome you back to the world of Cyber Backpacking---

Bard Falls on Harper/North Harper Creek

North Harper Falls

Upper Creek Canyon-Gorge!!

My buddy Patman at Little Lost Cove Falls

The first canyon of Steels Creek

Creek Dancer
09-27-2017, 14:32
Beautiful! Bard Falls, North Harper Creek Falls and Little Lost Cove FAlls look familiar. This has been an especially good summer for waterfalls hikes with all the rain we have had.

Sarcasm the elf
09-27-2017, 17:05
Welcome back Creek Dancer!

Is Rocketsocks (aka Snotty) still hang out in these parts?
Of course 'ol Socks is still here! We wouldn't be able to get rid of him even if we wanted to. :D

Lone Wolf
09-27-2017, 17:08
Well....I still have the itch! The AT continues to call my name. For the past few years, I have been exploring the mountains of western North Carolina. But the AT is never far from my heart.

Anybody remember me?

howdy......

rocketsocks
09-27-2017, 17:23
Is Rocketsocks (aka Snotty) still hang out in these parts?here I'm is! How could I forget she who dances in creeks. Welcome back. No hiking for me these days, glad you're doing well.

chiefduffy
09-27-2017, 18:16
I remember you!

Creek Dancer
09-28-2017, 08:46
Snotty!!!!!!!!!! Nice to see you.

Creek Dancer
09-28-2017, 08:47
howdy......

Hey Lone Wolf! Hope you and Gypsy are doing well.

Creek Dancer
09-28-2017, 08:48
I remember you!

I remember you too! Hope you are well.