PDA

View Full Version : Current Water Sources at Roan Highlands?

surf-to-summit
09-28-2017, 14:14
Hey guys,

I am doing a section hike from Iron Mountain Gap to 19E soon. I wanted to see if anyone has recently been out there and seen firsthand how the water sources are right now. Thanks

abking1992
09-28-2017, 17:57
Following -- I'm doing Allen Gap->Us19 starting next weekend. Guthook is making me nervous when reading comments from previous Octobers. I.e. (Water is dry, dry, dry, nonexistent, etc.)

surf-to-summit
09-28-2017, 18:04
Following -- I'm doing Allen Gap->Us19 starting next weekend. Guthook is making me nervous when reading comments from previous Octobers. I.e. (Water is dry, dry, dry, nonexistent, etc.)

Thats exactly what got me concerned too. I just spoke to Mountain Harbour Hostel and Doe River Hiker Rest - both agreed that water is running.

Captain Blue
09-28-2017, 18:05
I hiked from Hughes Gap to 19E last weekend. All of the springs were flowing. No drought there. The springs at Roan High Knob shelter, Carver's Gap, spring below Grassy Ridge, Stan Murray shelter, Overmountain shelter and Doll Flats were piped and flowing.

surf-to-summit
09-28-2017, 18:30
I hiked from Hughes Gap to 19E last weekend. All of the springs were flowing. No drought there. The springs at Roan High Knob shelter, Carver's Gap, spring below Grassy Ridge, Stan Murray shelter, Overmountain shelter and Doll Flats were piped and flowing.

Oh awesome - thats eactly what i needed to know. Thank you so much!

doeriverhikerrest
09-29-2017, 10:22
last year was extreme dry. We are having a short dry spell right now, but nothing like last year.

SpottedCow
09-29-2017, 12:25
Awesome, thanks for the info, guys! Keep it coming! I'll be out there the second week of October so this is great to know.

JumpMaster Blaster
09-30-2017, 12:45
Awesome, thanks for the info, guys! Keep it coming! I'll be out there the second week of October so this is great to know.

Maybe I'll see you out there! Taking some friends to do Carver's Gap-19E the second weekend in Oct.