PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to Anish

Venchka
09-30-2017, 15:47
Heather Anderson, Anish, completed her second Triple Crown hike on September 29, 2017. She finished the CDT at the New Mexico - Mexico border.
Well done Heather!
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sovi
09-30-2017, 16:00
Congrats, that is quite an achievement !

Dogwood
09-30-2017, 16:43
Seems to be a growing number of double TCers we're hearing about. IMHO most don't make a big deal of it themselves. These folks like being out there. It's where they want to be as Heather has repeatedly shared. Nice IMO to occasionally hear about vastly different route experiences and directions of travel when it comes to TCs rather than how fast or how many times these hikes are completed. Francis Tapon's accounts of the first ever CDT yo yo detailed some of this. Congrats to Heather. Has she made public a trail journal yet of her second CDT?

Sarcasm the elf
09-30-2017, 17:31
Seems to be a growing number of double TCers we're hearing about. IMHO most don't make a big deal of it themselves. These folks like being out there. It's where they want to be as Heather has repeatedly shared. Nice IMO to occasionally hear about vastly different route experiences and directions of travel when it comes to TCs rather than how fast or how many times these hikes are completed. Francis Tapon's accounts of the first ever CDT yo yo detailed some of this. Congrats to Heather. Has she made public a trail journal yet of her second CDT?

She's been posting regularly on Instagram. I was very loosely following along. Apparently she was picked up just 25 miles from the border by Border Patrol because her campsite was in the direct path of an oncoming tornado. :eek:

Venchka
09-30-2017, 17:53
Heather is the second female Double Triple finisher.
Wayne

Dogwood
09-30-2017, 20:10
Heather is the second female Double Triple finisher.
Wayne

Who are you thinking is the other? I know of three female double TCers. They don't all make it public though.

Venchka
09-30-2017, 21:46
Find anishhikes on Instagram. Read what she said. Heather credits Jackie McDonnell as #1.
I know nothing. You've been everywhere. Know everything.
Cheers!
Wayne

Venchka
09-30-2017, 21:58
Who are you thinking is the other? I know of three female double TCers. They don't all make it public though.
Oh. Yes. Of course.
The Stealth Double Triple.
I should have known.
Wayne

Dogwood
10-01-2017, 18:06
He hehe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Dogwood
10-01-2017, 18:09
Haven't been everywhere Wayne but have done some stuff.

Venchka
10-01-2017, 19:09
Haven't been everywhere Wayne but have done some stuff.

Agreed. I'm envious. I'll never catch up. Getting out and about when I can.
Wayne

Dogwood
10-01-2017, 19:54
No need to compare ourselves or be envious. I've certainly enjoyed my experiences as I suspect you did and still are.

No one knows it all or has done it all. There's always someone else who knows more and has done more. That's why we should even though we may be confident we should be humble enough to observe and heed others as it applies to us. That in a nutshell is the real reason why I'm on internet forums.

Venchka
10-01-2017, 21:30
Thank you. I'm going to let that soak in.
Wayne