PDA

View Full Version : Chaco problem

ScottP
02-05-2006, 15:59
I have chacos and I love them, but the heel straps dig into my achilles tendon and end up causing problems after a few days of hiking. Any solutions to this problem?

Roland
02-05-2006, 16:04
I have chacos and I love them, but the heel straps dig into my achilles tendon and end up causing problems after a few days of hiking. Any solutions to this problem?
Hiker: "Doc, it hurts when I move my arm up and down. Any ideas?"
Doctor: "Yeah. Don't move your arm up and down."

Sorry, Scott. I couldn't resist. :D

There is no single brand/model footwear that will fit all hikers. If you've adjusted the tension of the straps, and continue to have a problem, perhaps Chacos are not for you.

Cheesewhiz
02-05-2006, 19:42
I always hike in chacos wearing some sort of sock, this weekend I did 20 miles in my chacos and seal skinz socks. with 30* temps.

jackiebolen
02-05-2006, 21:44
I use socks when I hike in mine too. Some smartwools or something should do the trick.

LIVESTRONG
02-05-2006, 21:56
When I first started wearing mine the same thing happened to me, I loosened the straps so they were not tight on my foot at all and I could almost step right out of them. then gradually day by day tighten them up untill they fit just like a boot. You just cant go gun ho on them and tighten them all the way up the first couple times you wear them. wore mine for 100 + miles loose like that then wore em for 600 more miles, I love my chacos and will never hike in anything again. Always wear socks too, unless you really wanna break your feet in to hike in em, then youll probably have to wear em loose a lot more.

hammock engineer
02-06-2006, 12:41
I agree with the whole loose thing. You might want to look into a different size. The sizing for Chacos may be different than what you are used to. They also come in a wide size that may help.