PDA

View Full Version : Underquilt Needed - looking to borrow before buying

pdmayfield
10-05-2017, 10:56
I live in the Columbia/Baltimore, MD area. I am planning to do an overnight in Shenandoah next week and wish to try an under-quilt before I buy one. Up to this point I have used sleep pads and they have served my purposes. But on a trip to Shenandoah a couple months ago I experienced cold spots for the first time. If I wanted to be cold, I would have slept on the ground:)Before I buy an under-quilt, I would really like to try out a piece of kit. Would anyone be willing to lend an under-quilt to me? We could negotiate price for borrowing or collateral for damage.My hammock is a Warbonnet Blackbird XLC.Thanks for considering.

jgillam
10-05-2017, 15:37
I've got a barely used Wookie XL in the classifieds.

scrabbler
10-05-2017, 16:28
Im 100% certain that if you try it you will like it, there's no need for a test drive imo.

DuneElliot
10-05-2017, 19:59
Underground Quilts has a rent option...and reasonable for the price. You might want to check into them if you can't find someone else to loan you one.

However, as scrabbler said...you'll love one. And any of the good cottage manufacturers are awesome. I personally love LLG's quilts, but everyone is different and the Wooki made specifically for the WBBB couldn't be much more perfect. I bought a hammock, UQ, TQ, CF tarp before I even tried hammock camping...and I love it.

CaptainCoupal
10-06-2017, 11:35
You might want to consider using your existing pad until you get a chance to go to a "group hang", which is a regional gathering where lots of people gather to hammock camp. Typically people bring extra gear to try, and you might be able to try someone else's underquilt. You can find Group Hangs at hammockforums.net

pdmayfield
10-07-2017, 23:04
Thanks for all of your responses.

~Wiki