PDA

View Full Version : WM sleeping bags comes with signatures of seamstresses.

Runner2017
10-11-2017, 15:19
I just received WM Ultralight bag today, and to my surprise there are two signatures on the label inside the bag. The stuff sac comes with the bag is XXS, which is way too small for the bag. So I contacted WM. In less than two minutes I got their reply. Let's hear it:

"As far as the label goes. Western implemented adding this label about 6 months to a year ago.*The actual reason why the two names are written on the tag is because those are the names of the two*seamstresses*that worked on your*bag.* At any given time, our*bags*are put together by only one or two*seamstresses.* We wanted to show that they take a lot of pride in the work they do by having them*sign*the*bag.* WM believes that having just one or two*seamstresses*finish an entire*bag*adds to the quality of the product."
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171011/cd10606c390cbf2287b0a8f4a546bd8a.jpg

Venchka
10-11-2017, 15:59
Are they sending a new stuff sack?
Shucks. I wish both of my WM bags were signed. [emoji106][emoji41][emoji3]
Enjoy!
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MuddyWaters
10-11-2017, 16:42
We wanted to show that they take a lot of pride in the work they do by having them*sign*the*bag.* WM believes that having just one or two*seamstresses*finish an entire*bag*adds to the quality of the product."

Just not enough pride for one of them to use last name apparently.:rolleyes:

Runner2017
10-11-2017, 16:45
Are they sending a new stuff sack?
Shucks. I wish both of my WM bags were signed. [emoji106][emoji41][emoji3]
Enjoy!
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkYeah, they said it'll be sent from the factory.

Venchka
10-11-2017, 17:55
Very good.
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John B
10-11-2017, 18:42
Just not enough pride for one of them to use last name apparently.:rolleyes:

Not much different than someone submitting 8,279 anonymous posts.
John Buckner
Lexington, KY

swisscross
10-11-2017, 21:10
John Buckner
Lexington, KY

Oh snap...

DuneElliot
10-11-2017, 22:33
I wouldn't want to sign my full name to a product either...identity theft and all!

Maineiac64
10-12-2017, 07:43
I erased the ink to save weight.

JPritch
10-12-2017, 09:10
John Buckner
Lexington, KY

End.Of.Thread.

motocross269
10-18-2017, 06:55
I just got a new Terralite....I thought the Signature was pretty cool...

cmoulder
10-18-2017, 07:43
And this matters because....??

Also, "Seamstress" implies female while "Francis" is a male name. Which is just about as pertinent as a signed label.

I've owned a WM bag in the past and it was an excellent product, even if it wasn't signed.

Suzzz
10-18-2017, 08:02
"Seamstress" implies female while "Francis" is a male name.

First, Francis can be a woman's name.

Second, if women can be doctors, lawyers, carpenters and plumbers, I see no reason why a man couldn't be a seamstress, if that's what he likes to do.

Third, I think it's pretty cool to have the employees sign their work. Makes them proud about what they do.

Offshore
10-18-2017, 08:23
First, Francis can be a woman's name.

Second, if women can be doctors, lawyers, carpenters and plumbers, I see no reason why a man couldn't be a seamstress, if that's what he likes to do.

Third, I think it's pretty cool to have the employees sign their work. Makes them proud about what they do.
I have 2 WM bags and whether they was signed or not made no difference when I was doing my research before buying. (In the example above, if there is a problem with a bag, it's not like the customer is going to call Loordes or Francis personally...)

I can see signing one's work for something high dollar like a Mercedes AMG engine, but even for that, it's really just another feel-good HR/sales gimmick. I bought a $10 Purdy paint brush yesterday at Lowe's and when I opened it, I discovered a sticker on it with the brush makers name. It was such a finely crafted tool that the label almost made me not want to get paint on it. (That and I hate painting...)

Suzzz
10-18-2017, 08:38
I have 2 WM bags and whether they was signed or not made no difference when I was doing my research before buying. (In the example above, if there is a problem with a bag, it's not like the customer is going to call Loordes or Francis personally...) I can see signing one's work for something high dollar like a Mercedes AMG engine, but even for that, it's really just another feel-good HR/sales gimmick. I bought a $10 Purdy paint brush yesterday at Lowe's and when I opened it, I discovered a sticker on it with the brush makers name. It was such a finely crafted tool that the label almost made me not want to get paint on it. (That and I hate painting...)

The signing is more for the employees than for the customers. Makes the employee feel like his/her employer appreciates the work he/she does and that he/she is an important part of the team. A happy employee is a good employee.

Good luck with your painting project! ;-)

cmoulder
10-18-2017, 08:40

And easier for their employer to fire them if there is a problem. Hmm... maybe it stresses them out more while they're working, anticipating the blow-back if something isn't juuuust so for some persnickety customer? Perhaps make Francis and Loordes end up hating each other? :-?

:D

Maineiac64
10-18-2017, 17:29
I have a gun that is built by one gunsmith who signs a paper that is included as well as his stamp under the grip.