PDA

View Full Version : Steelers!!

Green Bean
02-05-2006, 23:49
And the Steelers take the title of super bowl XL!!!

Tim Rich
02-06-2006, 00:16
And the Steelers take the title of super bowl XL!!!

As an unattached observer, but fan of the game, congratulations. However, I've not seen a series of bad calls go against a team like it did the Seahawks tonight. Phantom holding, questionable pass interference, bogus "block below the waist" on a *tackle*, the bogus fumble call (the official actually seemed disappointed when forced to reverse himself) and the charitable assessment of Ben's TD.

One for the thumb, but a black eye for the officials.

Internegator
02-06-2006, 01:00
As an unattached observer, but fan of the game, congratulations. However, I've not seen a series of bad calls go against a team like it did the Seahawks tonight. Phantom holding, questionable pass interference, bogus "block below the waist" on a *tackle*, the bogus fumble call (the official actually seemed disappointed when forced to reverse himself) and the charitable assessment of Ben's TD.

One for the thumb, but a black eye for the officials.

I guess the refs forgot the pylon is part of the endzone! Therefore when the Seahawks player KICKED the pylon with his second foot, he had both feet down INBOUNDS. TOUCHDOWN!

Not according to the refs. Touchdown negated by the worst officiating crew in Superbowl history.

soad
02-06-2006, 06:34
I guess the refs forgot the pylon is part of the endzone! Therefore when the Seahawks player KICKED the pylon with his second foot, he had both feet down INBOUNDS. TOUCHDOWN!

Not according to the refs. Touchdown negated by the worst officiating crew in Superbowl history.

I think we need to get Officer Joey Porter on this right away! He fights evil officals wherever they may be.

Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl Champions!

StarLyte
02-06-2006, 07:34
pipe down already.
Marsha

JoeHiker
02-06-2006, 11:40

Now this is an odd call to dispute. His right foot was clearly out of bounds and did nottouch the pylon. His left foot did, I believe but his right foot was not even close.

Even the Seahawks did not dispute this and they have guys up in the booth devoted to watching these plays instantly in super slo-mo hi-def instant replay.

Skyline
02-06-2006, 11:51
Now this is an odd call to dispute. His right foot was clearly out of bounds and did nottouch the pylon. His left foot did, I believe but his right foot was not even close.

Even the Seahawks did not dispute this and they have guys up in the booth devoted to watching these plays instantly in super slo-mo hi-def instant replay.

Exactly. And let's not forget there was a call reversed in this game that went the Seahags' way.

Tree-girl
02-06-2006, 13:25
I love the Stillers, think they deserved to win. The only call I think was questionable was the push-off in the end-zone. It doesn't matter though, because even if the Seahawks had got that touch down, it still would have been 21 to 14, Steelers. It was messy on both sides, but isn't that what you'd expect when the best play the best? It was a great game (not for my health, but...). I'm so glad Bettis got to go out this way.

Woo-hoo, Steelers rock!!

soad
02-06-2006, 16:15
I love the Stillers, think they deserved to win. The only call I think was questionable was the push-off in the end-zone. It doesn't matter though, because even if the Seahawks had got that touch down, it still would have been 21 to 14, Steelers. It was messy on both sides, but isn't that what you'd expect when the best play the best? It was a great game (not for my health, but...). I'm so glad Bettis got to go out this way.

Woo-hoo, Steelers rock!!

I hear you tree-girl...I still have a tension headache from last night...The officials were wrong in some areas, however, Bill Cowher hoisted the Lombardy Trophy last night...my life is complete.

Green Bean
02-06-2006, 23:36
:rolleyes: how many times in the steelers history has the bad calls not been on them?? i cant really think??