PDA

View Full Version : Footwear

jorge99s
10-15-2017, 09:32
Does anyone have any experience with the Salomon GTX 2? I have worn Brooks Pure Grit 3 for the past few years and they finally wore out. I tried the Altra Superior 3.0 but I have concerns over the durability of the shoe. Any opinion/input is appreciated. I will be wearing them primarily for backpacking with a pack weight that never exceeds 15 lbs base weight and 25 lbs total. Thanks

jorge99s
10-15-2017, 12:05
Sorry. I meant Salomon X Ultra 2.

TTT
10-15-2017, 17:08
After going through a bunch of shoes, I have them. Mine aren't waterproof. I put Columbia insoles into them and my feet are very happy. They are the only shoe I have that I don't feel the need to remove them after walking in them. They don't slip and hold my foot well. They also very breathable. I doubt very much that I'll get blisters from them. I bought a size up, but I know of others who sized up further. I wear liners with my socks.

ScottTrip
10-16-2017, 13:19
Yes, very happy with them. I went through three pairs on my hike, and when I got to Harpers Ferry my next pair were a size up. Replaced the insoles with Superfeet, worked very well no blisters or any problems.