PDA

View Full Version : The doyle

Grunt
10-16-2017, 09:42
Trying to contact the Doyle at 717-834-6789... that's in AWOL's guide and on the internet. I can't get through but left a message on their Facebook page. I left the trail two days ago for health reasons and want to transfer my mail drop supplies to a SOBO I ran into. I'm in contact with him via texting and he is assuming he can get my supplies but as of yet, I cannot get a hold of anyone at the Doyle.

Gambit McCrae
10-16-2017, 12:27
I wish I had more detailed info for you but this topic did come up about a month ago and had resolution, may try searching for that thread to find an updated number/ answer to the problem

Grunt
10-16-2017, 15:14
Just got a hold of them... I guess they don't answer their phone very early and they don't have a voice mail account. They were opened and helped me out.... sorry I missed the opportunity to experience this icon.

Gambit McCrae
10-16-2017, 15:28
Just got a hold of them... I guess they don't answer their phone very early and they don't have a voice mail account. They were opened and helped me out.... sorry I missed the opportunity to experience this icon.

Well to be honest the most you really missed out on was a beer and hamburger. The owners are great, but I would never stay the night again without some major renos which are probably never going to happen. If I ever do that stretch again, and when I complete PA by walking into Duncannon on my next sobo trip I will stop in, have a beer and burger and uber to the next hotel.

Deacon
10-17-2017, 15:12
Well to be honest the most you really missed out on was a beer and hamburger. The owners are great, but I would never stay the night again without some major renos which are probably never going to happen. If I ever do that stretch again, and when I complete PA by walking into Duncannon on my next sobo trip I will stop in, have a beer and burger and uber to the next hotel.

Oh I don’t know, not staying there would be a truly missed AT experience. No elevator, only rooms are on the 3rd floor, doors on your rooms don’t really lock, no air conditioning, looking up in the shower and seeing the plumbing on the floor above—- it’s all so nostalgic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lone Wolf
10-17-2017, 15:27
Oh I don’t know, not staying there would be a truly missed AT experience. No elevator, only rooms are on the 3rd floor, doors on your rooms don’t really lock, no air conditioning, looking up in the shower and seeing the plumbing on the floor above—- it’s all so nostalgic.

not really.....

SkeeterPee
10-17-2017, 21:53
I have to agree, it is not the Hilton, but my son and I had a good bed to sleep on. Spartan conditions, hole in hallway ceiling, but over all OK. Good food the times I have been there on 3 different occasions.

Slo-go'en
10-18-2017, 10:19
Why wouldn't you want to stay in a place which is one good kitchen grease fire away from being reduced to a pile of ash in a matter of minutes? Don't be concerned by the lack of smoke detectors or fire escapes.

MuddyWaters
10-18-2017, 10:46
If referring to lodging, theres nothing positive that can be said about the doyle. Its a dumps, dump.

Bananajoe
10-18-2017, 16:05
I loved the doyle. Nice food and beer. Had a great time with the owner and there’s a pool table. The rooms were clean and nice. Don’t expect luxury for that price. I always would recommend it.
But it’s gonna be a yellow deli soon. I heard the twelve tribes bought it. The worst what could happen to that place.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Deacon
10-19-2017, 06:43
I loved the doyle. Nice food and beer. Had a great time with the owner and there’s a pool table. The rooms were clean and nice. Don’t expect luxury for that price. I always would recommend it.
But it’s gonna be a yellow deli soon. I heard the twelve tribes bought it. The worst what could happen to that place.

Whatever anyone thinks of the Yellow Deli folks, I’m sure they will improve the place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MuddyWaters
10-19-2017, 07:02
. The rooms were clean and nice.

Compared to what?

SwathHiker
10-19-2017, 16:03
deliverance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk