PDA

View Full Version : Synovitis (fluid on ankle joint)

JJ505
10-20-2017, 18:21
Anybody have this condition? I find it rather frustrating. I've had it for several years and feel that at this point it's kind of permanent. I had physical therapy which consisted of some kind of electrical stimulation and exercise. I'm continuing to do the exercise. I have not had the severe symptoms for a year or so, TG. As you can see from my profile I'm in my late 60s.

I'm a little wary re: reinjury, but haven't done anything that bothers it so far. Knock on wood. I can't wear boots, because they have never felt good on my feet. Right now I have some NB Trail runners.
Looking for any suggestions esp for hiking.

Thanks.

Ironee
11-03-2017, 08:27
Look to nature, what do animals eat to heal? Bitter foods in balance with other foods/beverages.

Bitter herbs tea helps to control fluids around joints (gentian root, yarrow, others)

Bitter foods
http://www.jennifermclagan.com/portfolio/bitter

Aloe vera gel (small amount in 8 oz water)
https://www.livestrong.com/article/474409-aloe-vera-gel-vs-juice/

Which Way
11-03-2017, 09:12
Glad your looking to keep moving! To add to the previous poster, Turmeric is a good for inflammation, and the associated pain that comes with it. It can be ordered online, found in Health food stores, and of course on the spice isle in your local grocery store to be added to your foods. The first two can be ordered in capsules for easy consumption. Hacres.com also sells a quality product called Bio-curcumin; they are expensive but I trust their products. Physical therapy can help with a lot of things, but sometimes they cause harm; and in your case, sometimes it doesn't do either. If the exercises haven't worked for you, they may not. Compression stockings may help some; you wouldn't need the thigh high hose, knee high or shorter would work for you. Keeping you feet elevated anytime you sit or are lying down will help, keeping your feet elevated above the level of your heart is the most beneficial. While others will debate this, your condition is from inflammation. Almost 90% of all inflammation can be eliminated by following a strict plant based diet; vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds and whole grains. Limit all processed food. If you add juicing fresh vegetables to this, it will greatly increase the time in which you heal your Synovitis, and your energy level will dramatically increase. While it is inconvenient, it is well worth the benefits.

JJ505
11-03-2017, 19:44
Thanks for your responses. PT did help a lot and I do continue the exercises. Got a small wobble board which makes them a bit more interesting. The insurance paid for the sessions the doctor prescribed. It was not harmful, at least not in my case. Some other good ideas here.