PDA

View Full Version : KTAG (geocachers)

camich
02-06-2006, 14:11
I'm just wondering if there's any Whiteblazers out there who are also members of the Kentucky Tennessee Area Geocaching club. If so, are you attending the KTAG event this weekend?

Smooth
02-06-2006, 14:17
I'm with Geocaching.com!?!

You guys have events? I'm jealous!

attroll
02-06-2006, 14:25
I am also with Geocaching.com.

Cuffs
02-06-2006, 14:38
I am with AGA (Alabama Geocachers Asso) and we have an event every month! (see alacache.com)
I am mapping caches along the AT, south to north, and so far I've mapped from GA to mid VA and see that there are 160+!!

camich
02-06-2006, 14:41
This will be the first event I've attended...but really enjoy geocaching!!!

I am with AGA (Alabama Geocachers Asso) and we have an event every month! (see alacache.com)
I am mapping caches along the AT, south to north, and so far I've mapped from GA to mid VA and see that there are 160+!!

Wow! 160 caches...within how many feet of the trail?

attroll
02-06-2006, 14:47
I will elaborate a litle more. I am with Geocaching.com and also with Geocaching Maine and we have our own web site at www.geocachingmaine.org (http://www.geocachingmaine.org). It looks al lot like the WhiteBlaze web site. I just can not imagine why LOL,:). I am not a geocachewr that is out for the numbers. I have met to many that have let geocaching consume them. There are more things in life then geocaching, like hiking and WhiteBlazing on the AT and other things. I have done quite a few caches but I am not in it for the numbers.

Cuffs
02-08-2006, 16:47
This will be the first event I've attended...but really enjoy geocaching!!!

Wow! 160 caches...within how many feet of the trail?

The caches that I am mapping are near trail... I hope to catch several of them on my thru in '07. I dont want to take up precious hiking time with caching, so most of them are on the Trail, at shelters, near water sources... I am not going out of my way just to sign a piece of paper!

I'll be glad to share my info with you once I am finished.

FYI, I use GSAK and Delorme Street Atlas to map them, so if you have those, you're in great shape!

More FYI, the ATC has a list of the gps coords for all the current shelters (some minor data may be out of date...) and you can import them to Street Atlas too! Its really cool to see all of those little red flags lined up the trail!