PDA

View Full Version : Help with gear list

stilllife
10-23-2017, 18:57
My list for a week long hike in GSMNP(BM Trail) in mid November. If there is a 0 I have removed the item.
Thanks for the help.

https://lighterpack.com/r/aq0uao

saltysack
10-23-2017, 19:22
Sleeping bag and quilt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

egilbe
10-23-2017, 19:23
Why so much rain gear? Kilt or pants? Not both.

stilllife
10-23-2017, 19:25
Theres a 0 next to items I'm not taking

KDogg
10-23-2017, 20:08
Didn't see bottoms to sleep in. I'd recommend a complete duplicate of your base layer to sleep in. In addition to this and a puffy, I had a thick capilene hoodie that I wore in camp and to bed. This was in April and May. Not sure what the weather is like in November but thinking that it can be bad.

Redrowen
10-23-2017, 21:55
Some food for thought.

Since your hike will be in November, I would ditch the kilt and keep the rain pants mainly for protection from the wind when stationary at the campsite at night.

There's no need for wind/camp pants if you're bringing the rain pants. Same goes with the soft shell is you're bringing a rain jacket.

Do you need a 6.3 Oz pillow or can you use other things you're carrying to provide comfort at night.

cmoulder
10-24-2017, 10:11
Put new lithium batteries in your Spot before you leave and you won't need a spare set. :sun

BTW, the Spot uses 3 AAA batts, not 2, if you need to carry spares.

I don't know how LighterPack does it, but GearGrams has a 'gear library' and you can use that to make separate specialized gear lists for different trips so that you don't have to use the Zero for items you're not carrying. Less cluttered and confusing that way, especially if you want others to review it. Very handy to have some basic lists for various seasons, climates and regions.

Starvin Marvin
10-24-2017, 10:26
Yay, Im happy to report that I can see the 0 numbers under the qty column. :)

I would bring at least 1 extra stake that has more holding power, for the main tie out of your tent.

There are lighter pillows out there, but that can count as your luxury item.

If I needed a 25* bag, I would want a little more R's under me, than just an xLite.

Maybe think about a different form of fire starter, as your back up.

Compass?

I believe the BD Spot requires 3 batteries.

Have fun.

stilllife
10-24-2017, 12:38
The silk bade Mayer is my sleeping layer. Perhaps I should carry merino. I do include a puffy.

stilllife
10-24-2017, 12:39
Some food for thought.

Since your hike will be in November, I would ditch the kilt and keep the rain pants mainly for protection from the wind when stationary at the campsite at night.

There's no need for wind/camp pants if you're bringing the rain pants. Same goes with the soft shell is you're bringing a rain jacket.

Do you need a 6.3 Oz pillow or can you use other things you're carrying to provide comfort at night.

I really love my pillow!

stilllife
10-24-2017, 12:40
Put new lithium batteries in your Spot before you leave and you won't need a spare set. :sun

BTW, the Spot uses 3 AAA batts, not 2, if you need to carry spares.

I don't know how LighterPack does it, but GearGrams has a 'gear library' and you can use that to make separate specialized gear lists for different trips so that you don't have to use the Zero for items you're not carrying. Less cluttered and confusing that way, especially if you want others to review it. Very handy to have some basic lists for various seasons, climates and regions.

Those are great ideas especially the batteries!

stilllife
10-24-2017, 12:42
Yay, Im happy to report that I can see the 0 numbers under the qty column. :)

I would bring at least 1 extra stake that has more holding power, for the main tie out of your tent.

There are lighter pillows out there, but that can count as your luxury item.

If I needed a 25* bag, I would want a little more R's under me, than just an xLite.

Maybe think about a different form of fire starter, as your back up.

Compass?

I believe the BD Spot requires 3 batteries.

Have fun.

I do have an xtherm