PDA

View Full Version : Alaska hiking recommendations?

The Kisco Kid
11-02-2017, 15:50
I'm headed to Alaska next July with my brother-in-law. We're looking for backpacking recommendations for a 3-4 trip. Open to any and all suggestions!

Feral Bill
11-02-2017, 15:58
Denali National Park. Great for wildlife and flowers. Not for the bear phobic. Bring good rain gear. Train to the park and buses to hiking areas within simplify logistics. The Mount Eilson loop would work for your available time.

Spirit Walker
11-05-2017, 12:27
A lot of hiking in Alaska is cross-country, without marked trails. That is the case for Denali or Wrangell St. Elias. There are a few really nice trails though that we have done: Resurrection Pass trail in the Kenai is 39 miles, Johnson Pass in the Kenai is 23 miles. Primrose - Lost Lake is 15 miles. Pinell Mtn. is 19 miles. All four are linear, so you have to either have two cars or hitch between. Resurrection Pass is probably the prettiest. Pinell Mtn. is the most remote. http://spiriteaglehome.com/AK08_Journal5.html

Shutterbug
11-05-2017, 16:38
I'm headed to Alaska next July with my brother-in-law. We're looking for backpacking recommendations for a 3-4 trip. Open to any and all suggestions! Those who live in Alaska hike the Resurrection Trail. I have only hiked a short section of it, but recommend it.