PDA

View Full Version : Your AT Story

SRVFan72
11-03-2017, 13:37
All-
Apologies ahead of time if this is the wrong forum for this, but couldn't find one to fit the topic, specifically. I'm a longtime lurker around these parts, and have always enjoyed reading everyone’s experiences of the AT. I grew up in Front Royal, VA and went to college near Harper’s Ferry, and the AT has always been in my backyard. I’m currently a video/content producer & writer based in Atlanta and in the last few years, I’ve been chewing on an idea to tell the stories of those who have made the AT experience a part of their life. Thru-hikers, day hikers, trail angels, hostel owners, volunteers, all those who have jumped boots first into the culture of the Appalachian Trail. I’m working with a small production team here in Atlanta on a yet-to-be-named podcast series, in which people articulate their personal experience and connections to the trail in a first person narrative style. We’re looking for 70 stories to mark next April’s 70th anniversary of Earl Shaffer’s first thru-hike of the AT. I’ve long thought the real joy in the trail is the people and stories that come out of everyone’s experience. Friendships, triumph, and of course the most basic of all things-the very real and very tangible good that comes out of all those who make the AT a part of their life. I’m based in Atlanta, and we’re beginning our casting call in this area, but fully anticipate branching out as we proceed. There’s an incredible network of people bound by those 2,180 miles, and we’re excited to explore it. I’d love to chat with anyone who would like to share their story-If that's you, feel free to email me. Thanks and happy hiking!

Andrew Iden
[email protected]

chknfngrs
11-06-2017, 10:49
You’ll get more traction on facespace, if you haven’t already posted to the various hiking pages there.

Uncle Joe
11-06-2017, 11:39
Two FB groups you might consider:

Appalachian Trail Class of 2017: https://www.facebook.com/groups/499829173469837/

Appalachian Trail SOBO 2017: https://www.facebook.com/groups/248443865570901/

SRVFan72
11-06-2017, 11:50
Thanks so much, Joe, for the feedback and insight. Will be sure to give those groups a look. Always knew this group would be incredibly helpful!