PDA

View Full Version : Woody Ridge Trailhead Burnsville, NC

devoidapop
11-05-2017, 20:00
I'm heading out to Woody Ridge Trail next weekend and I'm seeing conflicting info on where the trailhead is. Anybody know if it's on White Oak Rd or White Oak Creek Rd? Is there anywhere to park? I don't really want to walk the road from Colbert Ridge Trail

Rallywagon
11-06-2017, 16:28
From NC 80 turn onto White Oak Creek Rd (1157). Go 0.6 miles to where the road Y's..take the right (1156) and go about 1 more mile to the gate and wide area. There was adequate parking a few years ago. Trail is past the gate and up the old road. I don't think there is any way to connect with the Colbert Ridge trail without a LOT of road hiking or MAYBE bushwhacking.

devoidapop
11-06-2017, 19:00
From NC 80 turn onto White Oak Creek Rd (1157). Go 0.6 miles to where the road Y's..take the right (1156) and go about 1 more mile to the gate and wide area. There was adequate parking a few years ago. Trail is past the gate and up the old road. I don't think there is any way to connect with the Colbert Ridge trail without a LOT of road hiking or MAYBE bushwhacking.

Thanks for the good info. My plan is to park a second vehicle at Colbert Ridge. We'll come down that trail from the Crest Trail