PDA

View Full Version : Open Heart

zig-zag man
11-06-2017, 02:10
A few weeks back I went for my regularly scheduled visit with my cardiologist. He asks me if I was aware that I had suffered a heart attack since my last visit (June). Uh.....no. Had no idea. So he schedules me for a cardiac catheterization two days later. While still coming out of the fog he tells me that the vessels feeding my heart are so packed they are brittle and that I required emergency open heart surgery. So two days after that I had the bypass surgery. That was October 13th. Talk about a busy week. Anyways, feeling better every day. Can't wait to get back into the woods next Spring. Folks, if you're on the trail pounding the miles, eat whatever you can get your hands on. But in-between excursions, watch what you eat. There is way more unhealthy food than healthy food. I learned the hard way.

zig-zag man
11-06-2017, 02:12
Got it. I copied and pasted this in the General Forum. Thank you for the heads up, Illabelle.

johnspenn
11-06-2017, 08:52
Glad they found the problem before it became a bigger problem, and that you are on the path to recovery. Hope it continues to go well- Happy trails!

illabelle
11-06-2017, 11:17
Got it. I copied and pasted this in the General Forum. Thank you for the heads up, Illabelle.

:) Glad you're okay, and that the condition was found before a more serious event.

Ironee
11-06-2017, 12:27
So glad that you shared your story with everyone, and that you're doing well after your surgery. You're strong in heart and spirit, and you'll be back doing what you love soon. Hopefully your story will inspire others to take care of themselves on and off the trails :)