PDA

View Full Version : The bubble in July?

Suzzz
11-13-2017, 10:36
I know it's probably slightly different every year but where abouts can we expect the bubble to be in July?

I'm planning a week long section with my kids in July 2018 and would prefer to avoid said bubble if possible... less people, less partying and well... less of everything. I don't want to be alone on the trail, I just want a reasonnable amount of quiet.

At this point I'm planning on the section between Damascus and Grayson Highlands Park but that's not set in stone.

tdoczi
11-13-2017, 10:47
I know it's probably slightly different every year but where abouts can we expect the bubble to be in July?

I'm planning a week long section with my kids in July 2018 and would prefer to avoid said bubble if possible... less people, less partying and well... less of everything. I don't want to be alone on the trail, I just want a reasonnable amount of quiet.

At this point I'm planning on the section between Damascus and Grayson Highlands Park but that's not set in stone.

bubble wont be anywhere near there in july

Slo-go'en
11-13-2017, 10:51
bubble wont be anywhere near there in july

Just lots of section hikers, Boy Scouts, Church groups and the occasional lost tourist. The Highlands is a popular area and is always busy.

Suzzz
11-13-2017, 12:03
Just lots of section hikers, Boy Scouts, Church groups and the occasional lost tourist. The Highlands is a popular area and is always busy.

That's what I figured. I've heard a lot of good things about that area and good things usualy mean lots of people, another reason to try to avoid the bubble.
The reason for choosing that section of the trail to bring my kids is definitely the ponys... one might say I'm trying to sweaten the deal.:sun

Sarcasm the elf
11-13-2017, 13:04
By July the bubble is usually spread through NY/CT/MA/VT.

Suzzz
11-13-2017, 14:43
By July the bubble is usually spread through NY/CT/MA/VT.

Cool, thanks!

tdoczi
11-13-2017, 14:49
i hiked it over an august weekend in 2016. i cant say it seemed a particularly busy place. definitely not whites or smokies busy.

AllDownhillFromHere
11-13-2017, 15:23
It was years ago, but we were all in northern VT by July.