PDA

View Full Version : Dont forget EE sale starts today

Maineiac64
11-17-2017, 07:18
The enlightened equipment sale starts today. Just got my summer quilt ordered. Nice discount free shipping.

Which Way
11-17-2017, 09:06
The enlightened equipment sale starts today. Just got my summer quilt ordered. Nice discount free shipping.

Very nice but I need the Accomplice for my wife and I and they don't have it on sale of course. :-(

AllDownhillFromHere
11-17-2017, 09:10
Not seeing the sale price on the Revelation either.

Which Way
11-17-2017, 09:13
Not seeing the sale price on the Revelation either.

i just wet back. it is 10% off, but you must put it i the cart before you see the discount. It says everythig 10-15% off!

Maineiac64
11-17-2017, 09:25
15% for on the shelf, 10% for custom.

JC13
11-17-2017, 09:34
Got my new summer quilt as well about 15 minutes ago! Now we wait...

KCNC
11-17-2017, 13:08

Did some pre-shopping the other day.

Went back this morning, Off The Shelf selection is reduced to only 4 Revelation options (all drawstring foot boxes) - was after a colder quilt with sewn foot box.

Not the end of the world, just an annoyance.

Maineiac64
11-17-2017, 13:36

Went back this morning, Off The Shelf selection is reduced to only 4 Revelation options (all drawstring foot boxes) - was after a colder quilt with sewn foot box.

Enigmas in 20, 30, and 40 seemed to be available.

saltysack
11-17-2017, 14:17

That’s an enigma w sewn foot box.....or is there another difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JC13
11-17-2017, 14:56
That’s an enigma w sewn foot box.....or is there another difference?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThe Revelations were 15% off where as everything else was only 10%.

capehiker
11-17-2017, 21:05
The off the shelf quilts are partially made in China in case that is a factor in your decision.

AllDownhillFromHere
11-17-2017, 22:36
The off the shelf quilts are partially made in China in case that is a factor in your decision.
That's crappy. Although I suppose most of the down comes from there anyway, in the "RDS" farms. Tell me again why we gave them Most Favored Nation status?

Minos
11-17-2017, 23:06
Probably in a sweat shop. But then, we get a stuff sack made in India to protect "at-risk" girls :rolleyes:

saltysack
11-17-2017, 23:14

Mass drop?

Maineiac64
11-17-2017, 23:32
I did not. That sucks, not happy.

Which Way
11-18-2017, 00:12
got our Accomplice ordered.

capehiker
11-18-2017, 02:33
Mass drop?

The Massdrop quilts are produced in China. The shells for the off the shelf quilts are produced in China as well. The stuff sacks are made in India. I think it’s safe to say, EE has jumped the shark and is no longer cottage.

saltysack
11-18-2017, 09:36
The Massdrop quilts are produced in China. The shells for the off the shelf quilts are produced in China as well. The stuff sacks are made in India. I think it’s safe to say, EE has jumped the shark and is no longer cottage.

Sad...looks like my next quilt will be a Katabatic Gear....

Stone1984
11-18-2017, 09:53
After ordering a UGQoutdoors quilt, I couldn't go with anyone else. A true cottage manufacturer. And you can watch them make your quilt. The quality is second to none.

capehiker
11-18-2017, 17:38
Sad...looks like my next quilt will be a Katabatic Gear....

You’re not going to like what I’m about to say. Katabatic Gear JUST announced they are outsourcing overseas as well. They are following EE’s model and having the shells made overseas and the stuffing and closing will be done in Colorado. Nunatak and Underground Quilt are the last remaining premium quilt makers for made in the USA.

Here’s a link with a discussion: https://www.reddit.com/r/Ultralight/comments/7cwg6b/katabatic_reduces_prices_partially_outsources/

Rex Clifton
11-18-2017, 19:48
You’re not going to like what I’m about to say. Katabatic Gear JUST announced they are outsourcing overseas as well. They are following EE’s model and having the shells made overseas and the stuffing and closing will be done in Colorado. Nunatak and Underground Quilt are the last remaining premium quilt makers for made in the USA.

Here’s a link with a discussion: https://www.reddit.com/r/Ultralight/comments/7cwg6b/katabatic_reduces_prices_partially_outsources/Don't sweat the China thing. The most expensive component in a quilt is the down, and that all comes from China. Peking duck, anyone?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

AllDownhillFromHere
11-18-2017, 20:48
Don't sweat the China thing. The most expensive component in a quilt is the down, and that all comes from China. Peking duck, anyone?
"The China thing" is real. A lot of down comes from eastern Europe.

saltysack
11-19-2017, 09:52

Here’s a link with a discussion: https://www.reddit.com/r/Ultralight/comments/7cwg6b/katabatic_reduces_prices_partially_outsources/

Uggggg

Venchka
11-19-2017, 12:59
Loco Libre. Sale ends today. Made in the USA.
https://www.locolibregear.com
Western Mountaineering and Feathered Friends are making quilts in the USA.
Wayne

Starvin Marvin
11-21-2017, 01:41
Loco Libre. Sale ends today. Made in the USA.
https://www.locolibregear.com

Wayne

Looks like Loco Libre Gear just extended their sale until the end of the month.

Quality custom quilts made in the USA.

Venchka
11-21-2017, 10:06

Thanks for the follow up.
Chevron baffles just like Mr. Fletcher’s Trailwise sleeping bags from the late 60s.
Wayne

Chris_Cates
11-26-2017, 22:51
I ordered a Torrid Apex jacket the morning of the 17th and tracking shows it in my local post office about 1.5 hr ago so it may be delivered tomorrow. I was expecting it sometime in mid December but apparently I beat the rush.

Minos
12-03-2017, 02:21
Don't sweat the China thing. The most expensive component in a quilt is the down, and that all comes from China. Peking duck, anyone?

You are right. Anyone can buy down anyway.
Real value added was design and sewing. Guess US workers will still be able to use the vacuum to pour the China down in the China shell.

Minos
12-03-2017, 02:23

Ordered my first LLG UQ on the last day of the sale. USA made.