PDA

View Full Version : Hiking Into Trail Days

Greenlight
11-27-2017, 17:03
I did a section hike around Damascus last year and attended Trail Days, meeting a lot of great people and basking in the presence of my favorite hiker/authors and social media stars. I have my own aspirations of writing a New Journalism style book of my thru-hike scheduled for 2019. Right now I'm trying to find my voice, the right tone for the book, and an engaging plot to carry the reader through ... not just another trail journal type of offering, but one that reads like a good novel.

Toward that end, I wrote about my Trail Days experience in a Kindle Short Reads ebook, and would like to offer it here for free if you'd like to read it. There are no strings attached, but I am looking for people to leave Amazon reviews if it made them feel something, good or bad. One week wasn't long enough to fully develop characters, but hopefully the people I sketch do seem real. The link below isn't to a sales page, it is to a PDF proof of the chapbook on my Google drive. Let me know what you think. If you do feel compelled to review it on Amazon, please do so without purchasing it. I want you to get it for free. You can leave a review with no purchase. If you have Kindle Unlimited, however, I would request that you click that link and then review it, since it shows up as a verified purchase even though it is for $0.

If this post isn't kosher, admin can pull it down and it won't hurt my feelings, but I'm not selling anything, I just want to know if my writing is engaging enough and developed enough at this point, or if I should just hike ini 2019 and let the pros write the books.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wmKzeCVMKOTn9nSe-7cGzNGVCyKMiEcJ/view?usp=sharing

eabyrd1506
11-27-2017, 17:09
What’s the title. I will get it thru the kindle unlimited library

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eabyrd1506
11-27-2017, 17:39
What’s the title. I will get it thru the kindle unlimited library

Doh. What’s the title of the tread there Homer. If you can’t mock yourself ...,

eabyrd1506
11-27-2017, 17:44
You may want to chk with Amazon but I don’t get the “read for free” option with your effort

Greenlight
11-27-2017, 18:01
You may want to chk with Amazon but I don’t get the “read for free” option with your effort

I will check when I get home. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Greenlight
11-27-2017, 19:40
The only thing I can think of, is that the paperback and the Kindle eBook are linked. Make sure you have the Kindle version clicked, and then the Read for Free button should appear.

Venchka
11-27-2017, 19:43
Greenlight:
“Seven Days in May” took place in, wait for it, a week. A good read and not too shabby movie adaptation either.
Wayne

Greenlight
11-27-2017, 19:47
Nice! I like appropriate pop cultural references.
Greenlight:
“Seven Days in May” took place in, wait for it, a week. A good read and not too shabby movie adaptation either.
Wayne

Kaptainkriz
11-27-2017, 20:05
Downloaded and giving it a read

Greenlight
11-27-2017, 21:52
Downloaded and giving it a read

Gracias

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rain Man
11-28-2017, 14:42
But, but, but ... where's the audio version?! LOL

Greenlight
11-28-2017, 14:45
What is your phone number? I'll read it to you for $2.99. :banana

But, but, but ... where's the audio version?! LOL

Rain Man
11-28-2017, 14:54
Make sure you have the Kindle version clicked, and then the Read for Free button should appear.

Where is this alleged "Kindle version" button/box/option? I'm on my Kindle Fire right now and don't see any such thing. Then again, I rarely read books on Kindle, so am a KD (Kindle Dummy), I admit.

Truly, I only see two options: (1) Free with Kindle Unlimited and (2) Buy Now for $2.99.

What am I missing?

Rain Man
11-28-2017, 14:55
What is your phone number? I'll read it to you for $2.99. :banana

BR-549.

(Get it?)

Greenlight
11-28-2017, 15:03
It is free for those who have Kindle Unlimited. I also posted a PDF proof in my original post for those who don't have Kindle Unlimited. I can send you the Word file so that you can email it to your Fire if you'd like. If you're on the Amazon website and call up the book, that is where I was referring to the KU button appearing.

Where is this alleged "Kindle version" button/box/option? I'm on my Kindle Fire right now and don't see any such thing. Then again, I rarely read books on Kindle, so am a KD (Kindle Dummy), I admit.

Truly, I only see two options: (1) Free with Kindle Unlimited and (2) Buy Now for $2.99.

What am I missing?

Greenlight
11-28-2017, 16:03
Hmmmm... I'm dense. It went over my head. :)

BR-349.

(Get it?)

Venchka
11-28-2017, 16:06
Nice! I like appropriate pop cultural references.
Seven Days in May predates pop culture by several decades. If can find it read it.
Wayne

Greenlight
11-28-2017, 16:42
The first edition of Seven Days in May was 1962, and the movie I believe was 1966. Popular culture differentiated from high culture (or simply "culture") around the time the television began to outstrip the radio as the delivery method of household entertainment in the evenings. Some peg the date somewhere in the early half of the twentieth century, but it had definitely differentiated by the 1950s and 60s. In a certain sense, the term "pop culture" can refer specifically to the current and even hyper-current trends. But think of Andy Warhol prints. Think of Marilyn Monroe. Think of Stephen King. Elvis and the Beatles. Beatnik poetry and Woodstock. A Clockwork Orange and Where the Wild Things Are. All of that was (is) pop culture. The Cold War produced a LOT of pop culture references. SDiM was one of 'em. ;)

Seven Days in May predates pop culture by several decades. If can find it read it.
Wayne

Rain Man
11-28-2017, 21:07
Hmmmm... I'm dense. It went over my head. :)

BR-549 was the phone number on Hee Haw for Junior's used car lot.

You're not dense. I'm obtuse. LOL

P.S. I had to correct the number.

eabyrd1506
11-28-2017, 21:17
The only thing I can think of, is that the paperback and the Kindle eBook are linked. Make sure you have the Kindle version clicked, and then the Read for Free button should appear.

Got it, thanks

Greenlight
11-28-2017, 21:23
Oh, wow. I used to love Hee Haw when I was an eleven-something rolling around in the green shag carpet in front of the big oak console TV eating pretzels and drinking Coke out of 16 ounce glass bottles.

BR-549 was the phone number on Hee Haw for Junior's used car lot.

You're not dense. I'm obtuse. LOL

P.S. I had to correct the number.