PDA

View Full Version : Bear Mountain in NY

muzzo909
11-30-2017, 11:23
My lil’ guy and I took advantage of the nice weather and went up Bear Mountain. It was a great day minus the wind!

https://youtu.be/u3laiy8aim4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gambit McCrae
11-30-2017, 11:33
Awesome! Very lucky to have that little guy as a hiking partner! Bear mountain is one of my favorite mountains thus far on the AT, the amount of countless hours on those stairs is unbelievable. I believe when done the stairs will go up and down both sides of the mountain. Great video!

Greenlight
11-30-2017, 11:57
You're a better dad than I. As much as I loved being outdoors, camping and hiking when I was younger, we almost never went out on family outings the whole time I was raising my kids. I consider that a tragedy now. Keep up the good work.

My lil’ guy and I took advantage of the nice weather and went up Bear Mountain. It was a great day minus the wind!

https://youtu.be/u3laiy8aim4

muzzo909
11-30-2017, 12:01
You're a better dad than I. As much as I loved being outdoors, camping and hiking when I was younger, we almost never went out on family outings the whole time I was raising my kids. I consider that a tragedy now. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the kind words. It‘s been an amazing way to get connected with the kids. I hope that it’s part of our family for a longggg time! Be good!

Feral Bill
11-30-2017, 12:52
One kid at least is being raised right.

muzzo909
11-30-2017, 14:27
One kid at least is being raised right.

Thanks brother!!

BuckeyeBill
11-30-2017, 15:41
I still remember the first time I saw the AT. I was 8 years old on a family vacation. We were at Clingman's Dome and We all walked for a few minutes then turned around and left. I told my parents that one day I was going to hike the whole trail. My father said the you can do anything you put your mind to. I have done several LASHs, but still want to do a GAME hike.

muzzo909
11-30-2017, 16:43
I still remember the first time I saw the AT. I was 8 years old on a family vacation. We were at Clingman's Dome and We all walked for a few minutes then turned around and left. I told my parents that one day I was going to hike the whole trail. My father said the you can do anything you put your mind to. I have done several LASHs, but still want to do a GAME hike.

True words from your Dad. Hopefully one day, you’re able to accomplish your dream!!

KDogg
11-30-2017, 17:57
lol..i just remember that zoo...worst water on the trail...absolutely horrible. Would rather drink out of the beaver ponds.

muzzo909
11-30-2017, 17:59
lol..i just remember that zoo...worst water on the trail...absolutely horrible. Would rather drink out of the beaver ponds.

Sorry about the water! Lol. But at least you got to see some caged animals!

muzzo909
11-30-2017, 18:15
Awesome! Very lucky to have that little guy as a hiking partner! Bear mountain is one of my favorite mountains thus far on the AT, the amount of countless hours on those stairs is unbelievable. I believe when done the stairs will go up and down both sides of the mountain. Great video!

The other side of the mountain is definitely rougher than the AT side. I like making a loop out of the trip. That would be great if the stairs went up both sides. It’s a great area!

SwathHiker
12-02-2017, 03:33
Reading all these posts about Family time and get-togethers in the woods makes me want to spend all of my time reading the greyt pages on Whiteblaze.net. Rapier wit too. Love it!

Unfortunately my own father is a jackass who doesn't respect wildlife. A big game hunter. He'd probably hunt down humans if he could get away with it. I especially love that Bear Mountain Zoo too, it's full of rescued wild animals who really have no business being kept in captivity. They weren't bred in captivity. Of course no animals shouldn't be bred for captivity either, in my thinking. I'm certain some of them will be rehabilitated and released back into the outdoor environment. My favorite feature on the trail.

muzzo909
12-02-2017, 11:13
Reading all these posts about Family time and get-togethers in the woods makes me want to spend all of my time reading the greyt pages on Whiteblaze.net. Rapier wit too. Love it!

Unfortunately my own father is a jackass who doesn't respect wildlife. A big game hunter. He'd probably hunt down humans if he could get away with it. I especially love that Bear Mountain Zoo too, it's full of rescued wild animals who really have no business being kept in captivity. They weren't bred in captivity. Of course no animals shouldn't be bred for captivity either, in my thinking. I'm certain some of them will be rehabilitated and released back into the outdoor environment. My favorite feature on the trail.

Yeah I wish we had more time the day we went to go to the zoo. It’s a cool feature!

JJ505
12-04-2017, 16:53
Loved your video. As a retired teacher I can appreciate your "packing together" at the start.

tiptoe
12-04-2017, 19:39
Buddy is lucky to have such a patient, positive Dad. He might not appreciate it yet, but he will later.

muzzo909
12-04-2017, 22:27
Loved your video. As a retired teacher I can appreciate your "packing together" at the start.

That’s half of the fun!! Buddy likes to get his stuff together and set it up. Lol. Let’s hope his enthusiasm stays around for a long time! Thanks for the comment!

muzzo909
12-04-2017, 22:29
Buddy is lucky to have such a patient, positive Dad. He might not appreciate it yet, but he will later.

Thank you for the kind words. Let’s hope so!! Lol