PDA

View Full Version : Superfeet Orange

Elaikases
12-25-2017, 17:57
I picked up some at REI at the garage sale. No wear on them at all.

They really are not as comfortable as I expected.

The real reason I was looking at them was to give a little rock plate like additional protection to my shoes. But my feet hurt a little (more discomfort than true pain) after I walk 3-4 miles in them.

I'd still like to add aftermarket insoles to my shoes. I've used them before.

I have high arches, would appreciate thoughts or suggestions.

tflaris
12-25-2017, 18:25
I use blue superfeet insoles. I had to try a couple of different colors to find the right amount of arch. But that being said my left and right foot gave slightly different amount of arch.

Best of luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lyle
12-25-2017, 19:11
I used to like the orange Superfeet, but they changed the design a few years back, and I no longer like them. The orange used to have additional metatarsal support, but the design change replaced this with thick foam padding under the entire foot. In my experience, this does nothing to relieve foot strain, and only crowds the toes. I have changed to the green ones, which are the most extreme, with the highest arches. They have a hard foot bed underneath the toes, which initially appears that it will be less comfortable, but which, actually, provides both comfort and extra protections from sharp rocks.

Whichever color you choose, but especially the green, you must break your feet into them, allow your feet to get used to the extra arch support. Once you do this, they are VERY comfortable and make for much more trouble-free hiking. At least that is my experience, and the experience of many others. I buy the green Superfeet for all of my hiking shoes, have for years now - very happy.

Starchild
12-25-2017, 19:28
Try Aetrex insoles. More shock absorbing but rigid cushioning less hard plastic and thin cushion. http://aetrex.com/orthotics/men/sports-athletic

Martzy13
12-25-2017, 21:30
I can't say enough about the Birkenstock "Birko Sport" cork inserts, they saved my thru hike last year. Great for high arches, relatively light, and super durable. I was amazed after finding them that I was the only one on the Trail that knew about them. If the above suggestions don't work out I encourage you to give these a try! Good luck!

TexasBob
12-26-2017, 12:00
Try is a link to some insoles that work for me. Superfeet insoles hurt my feet also but this brand doesn't. I use the low runpro version.

http://www.currexsole.com/US/en/insoles/runpro.php

JJ505
01-01-2018, 12:49
I can't say enough about the Birkenstock "Birko Sport" cork inserts, they saved my thru hike last year. Great for high arches, relatively light, and super durable. I was amazed after finding them that I was the only one on the Trail that knew about them. If the above suggestions don't work out I encourage you to give these a try! Good luck!

Very likely these cured me of planar faciatis (if that's possible, don't have a problem with it anymore). If someone has a tendency these are very useful.

madfarmer
01-07-2018, 22:05
Sometimes short term discomfort equals long term comfort!

On my 2011 thru-hike, I ended up with excruciating plantar fasciitis somewhere around PA. I got the orange superfeet, and within 3 days I was feeling incredible. Granted, they felt hard and uncomfortable for those 3 days until I stopped noticing them, but at night, I felt so much better. I have high arches and have since switched to the green. Either way, they add life to your shoes, especially soft trail runners. This is all anecdotal, I know, but I truly think they helped save my thru-hike, or at least make it feel better!

staugy
01-08-2018, 11:55
thanks for the info