PDA

View Full Version : Lodging for non-hikers near Springer

Which Way
12-29-2017, 14:56
My sister and brother- in- law are carrying my wife and me to Springer next April for our thru hike. Amicalola Lodge was booked 2 months ago when I checked, and remains that way for the first 2 weeks in April. Is there some place nice that you would recommend close by for the 4 of us to stay overnight before we leave out?

Gambit McCrae
12-29-2017, 15:30
I went to a wedding in Big Canoe, GA. There are hundreds of rentals in that area and it is very scenic. A weekend here before setting off on that sunday for a thru hike would be a nice way to spend time with family for "so long!"

Which Way
12-29-2017, 15:33
I went to a wedding in Big Canoe, GA. There are hundreds of rentals in that area and it is very scenic. A weekend here before setting off on that sunday for a thru hike would be a nice way to spend time with family for "so long!"

Thank you Gambit, I'll check that out!

soumodeler
12-29-2017, 15:54
Dahlonega has several hotels, and the Holiday Inn Express has mountain view rooms. Not a bad place to stay. Easy access to Amicalola from town. A cabin rental would get you closer but be more expensive.

Lone Wolf
12-29-2017, 16:35
https://smithhouse.com/

Slo-go'en
12-29-2017, 18:43
If you have money to burn, you could stay at the former Hiker Hostel.

Which Way
12-29-2017, 21:06
I don't have any money to burn, but the old Hiker Hostel is now "Barefoot Hills". It had a vacancy and I booked it. It is a 2 bedroom suite with kitchen and yata yata. Very nice, thanks for the tip.

Which Way
12-29-2017, 21:07
https://smithhouse.com/

Very nice, but unfortunately booked up the weekend I needed. Thanks for the recomendation.

Which Way
12-29-2017, 21:08
Dahlonega has several hotels, and the Holiday Inn Express has mountain view rooms. Not a bad place to stay. Easy access to Amicalola from town. A cabin rental would get you closer but be more expensive.

Booed a 2 bedroom suite at "Barefoot Hills". Thank you for your suggestion!

Which Way
12-29-2017, 21:09

This is very nice. I also found a cabin in my search that I would love to buy! Beautiful area.

Roamin
12-31-2017, 17:28
Helen GA is an hour away, but it is a beautiful scenic alpine village.