PDA

View Full Version : Getting logged out....

Sly
02-09-2006, 11:05
For what seems like the last couple weeks, many times after researching the web in another window or reading a thread and hitting "post reply" "new post" or "today's posts" I have to log in again.

Anyone know a fix? Troll?

napster
02-09-2006, 11:24
For what seems like the last couple weeks, many times after researching the web in another window or reading a thread and hitting "post reply" "new post" or "today's posts" I have to log in again.

SLY
I had that same problem but two days ago somehow it fixed its self.

rhjanes
02-09-2006, 11:36
actually, seems to be a bug in the VBulliten software (newer one). I'm on several VBulliten forums and they ALL do it. There seems to be no pattern to when.......

dixicritter
02-09-2006, 12:09
Not sure if this will help or not, but you might try clearing out your cookies then log back in.

rhjanes
02-09-2006, 15:10
Not sure if this will help or not, but you might try clearing out your cookies then log back in.

tried,.....it doesn't. The VBulliten forums (about using vbulliten) has all sorts of "ideas". Oh well, maybe it will get fixed.

Klezmorim
02-09-2006, 15:37
I was checking the latest entries in a thread that was, er, "controversial" when I get the same "mysterious" lock-out.

Could it be that El Jefe deleted the thread out of some sort of "fear and loathing" and that the lock-out was the result?

Klezmorim
02-09-2006, 15:38
... and a minute later the problem was gone. So was the thread.

Things that make you go "Hmmmmm."

Sly
02-09-2006, 17:01
Klez I think that thread was moved to the "thick-skinned sensitive subjects" forum which you'll have to subscribe to on your userCP.

Dixiecritter, I've tried everything including clearing my cookies. The problem seems to happen most on Firefox but MSIE started acting up too. I'll try the AOL broswer and see what happens there.

I had the problem before and it cleared up itself in a couple days, hopefully if will again this time too.

MisterSweetie
02-09-2006, 18:02
Never had this problem. What browser do you use? If you don't use it, I highly recommend using Firefox. No more "windows" only tabs, which are the best thing since... well anything.

Skidsteer
02-09-2006, 18:27
I've had it happen a few times in the last couple days myself. I'm using Windows.:confused: Not really a big hassle yet, though.

dixicritter
02-09-2006, 18:30
Well I'm all outta ideas, we'll have to wait for Attroll for this one. Sorry folks.

Sly
02-09-2006, 18:38
MisterSweetie, yes I mostly use Firefox.

Dixiecritter, I tried again and cleared all my cookies along with history and cache. Hopefully that will help.

Thanks for trying.

The Solemates
02-09-2006, 19:42

we are slowly trying to ween you off of whiteblaze, sly. dont ruin our plot. :D

Skidsteer
02-09-2006, 19:51

Yeah, it's an intervention...hope I'm not next.

Sly
02-09-2006, 22:46

LOL... Just me? We all need to go hiking!

I think deleting all my cookies and cache may have helped as far as getting logged off but I'm still having problems posting. What I've noticed is that I can't left click in the reply area and set my cursor and that the fonts and size boxes have no value, normally Verdana size 2. Occasionally, I'm able to click and set the value for the fonts and size but not always. This just happened on Firefox, but I was able to respond on IE.

Skidsteer
02-09-2006, 22:55
LOL... Just me? We all need to go hiking!

Ain't that the truth! And a wicked cold weekend forecasted! Can't even get out for a basic fix.