PDA

View Full Version : Remote trout streams

Abwillingham
01-08-2018, 10:02
Anyone know of some good remote honey hole trout streams in the smokeys or north GA mountains? There does not need to be an official trail. If you know of a secret hole, send me a PM. I promise to keep your secret. :-)

Starchild
01-08-2018, 10:46
And a secret it will remain. No one who knows where these treasures are will divulge them except to kin, If not properly maintained they will go dead very quickly. Now if you want the skinny of good trout streams from stocking, you can try the Neversink River in the Catskills of NY, about ad good as you will get.

changed
01-08-2018, 11:14
Nope, no trout in NY anymore. Best stay home...

:D

Tennessee Viking
01-08-2018, 12:40
I know of a good remote stream near Roan Mtn. And another one (but its not remote) near Elizabethton/Hampton TN.

FrogLevel
01-08-2018, 12:50
You can hike up the Laurel Fork Trail in Dennis Cove, TN. It's about 8 miles long and you hike along and cross the river a half dozen times. I'd imagine there's good fishing there.

http://tehcc.org/wiki/Laurel_Fork_Trail

You can put together a loop that includes the AT and a night at the Moreland Gap Shelter.

Violent Green
01-08-2018, 23:17
Yes, I know of several in both the Smokies and in north GA. Look at a map and do a little internet searching. This will get you on your way.

skater
01-09-2018, 20:53
Yes, there's one at ... Oh, gotta go.