PDA

View Full Version : A-Train. from NZ finally posts

A-Train.(NZ).2005
02-09-2006, 18:57
Hi everyone. Howzit? A big call out to all the thru-hikers I met in '05

A-Train. here. Finally managed to get signed up on whiteblaze. Just wanted to let you all know I completed the trail on October 9 '05 amid class 3 conditions.

Thankyou to everyone I met along the way. The Hospitality from the Sth to the Nth was wonderfully received. The standout feature for me along the trail was not the scenary, nor the other thru-hikers I met, nor all the trail experiences I had... it was in fact the hospitality of the people I met off the trail. For this.. many thanks.. you should all feel proud.

Back now in Aotearoa. Summer sun and BBQs. Thanks for the memories. See you at Trail days I hope.

kia kaha

cher, cher

A-Train.

gsingjane
02-10-2006, 08:26
HI!!!! We aren't thru-hikers that you met but maybe you remember us anyway... in August in Connecticut at Pine Swamp and then again around Belter's Bump - I am the lady with the two blonde kids - we had a very nice chat about fitness for kids, education, and so on. You seemed like you were having a great time and I'm so glad you finished! With the same crew?

Anyway, nice to "see" you again!

Jane in CT

TJ aka Teej
02-10-2006, 15:46
Back now in Aotearoa. Summer sun and BBQs.

:welcome -21C inside Baxter Park today, A-Train! No BBQs!
http://www.katahdincam.com/ < looks cold today!

Trail Dog
02-10-2006, 18:38
nice to hear from you A Train. remember that place accross from Bar None in Manhattan with all those 'interesting' hikers way back before your trip?

lol that was an experience

peace

Trail Dog
02-10-2006, 18:39
dang wrong A Train.... here i was thinking he went on a second Hike.

i need to read more carefully

peace

Miss Janet
02-11-2006, 13:43
We were just talking about you at lunch yesterday! Haven't had anyone that could wear those denim overalls and dance like you could. Come visit anytime!!

Nean
02-11-2006, 15:31
Is this Vt. A-Train? Did the trail and didn't stop by? Shoots brah. Did you tramp the Kepler, Routeburn, Milford, etc.?
BTW, thanks again for lunch Miss J, and don't enjoy that birthday present all at once!:)

A-Train.(NZ).2005
02-13-2006, 21:40
Hey Jane,

Of course I remember you! Thanks for getting in touch!! I remember clearly what we talked about too. I PM you.

A-train.

A-Train.(NZ).2005
02-13-2006, 21:59
Nean.. how r u mate?? I think I'm the other A-train. I have met you tho. Plus 1 was staying over and you gave lil debbies trail magic and let us fill up with water - cher cher for that. I think we did speak about those trails and also the North West circuit on Stewart Island. I was impressed you'd done this trail as it is incredibly muddy, quite isolated, and overlooked by alot of trampers. Its certainly not the first on someones list when they come to hike in NZ! - still, legacies of your thru-hikes eventually caught up to me after I met you so I guess its hardly surprising you'd know about such a trail :) Trust hiker Heidi is well (she loved NZ BTW) and the new birdfeeder is working well? (it arrived when we were there). Thanks again for your trail magic and support. It was appreciated by all that day. :)

P.S. Miss Janet.. found your thong at the bottom of my sleeping bag. I'll return it to you at Trail Days eh? lol only kidding ;-)