PDA

View Full Version : Hammock gear TQ & UQ vs Underground quilts?

saltysack
01-27-2018, 11:55
Trying to decide which company to go with. Looking at burrow 20 vs bandit and an UQ to match. Price seems close but HG offering 10% off if buying both.....any feedback as I’ve had 2 EE quilts but neither of these and heard good stuff about both. HG has a lil less wait time....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feral Bill
01-27-2018, 16:09
I am very happy with my 3/4 length 20 degree UGQ underquilt. Well made product and a good customer experience.

D2maine
01-27-2018, 16:22
have 20 deg top and bottom quilts from hg - wife and i love em

DuneElliot
01-27-2018, 17:13
Both are good quality and you really can't go wrong with either. UGQ has a rental policy so you could check theirs out beforehand if you wanted to. On the other hand I've never heard of a customer who disliked either company, for both their products and their customer service.

Despite the wait time I went with Loco Libre Gear for my TQ and UQ as I liked their designs better.

Rex Clifton
01-27-2018, 20:07
This is like asking which is better, Honda or Toyota. You can’t go wrong with either one, but most people have a preference. Mine is Hammock Gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

saltysack
01-30-2018, 19:26
This is like asking which is better, Honda or Toyota. You can’t go wrong with either one, but most people have a preference. Mine is Hammock Gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Good point...ended up ordering a HG 20* burrow and 20* incubator....only reason was they had a shorter lead time and they offered a 10% discount buying both....

TX Aggie
01-30-2018, 20:47
Good point...ended up ordering a HG 20* burrow and 20* incubator....only reason was they had a shorter lead time and they offered a 10% discount buying both....

Enjoy, I have a HG Incubator as well and I’m very happy with it. But as others have noted, you’re u really can’t go wrong with either.

MikekiM
12-23-2018, 10:00
I throw another plug in for Hammock Gear...

I have a 20* set and 40* set..

The 40 consists of both a standard length incubator as well as a custom Phincubator which has a length between the Phoenix and Incubator.

My 40* Burrow is the newer design with the long baffles at the body of the quilt and the horizontal baffles at the foot... prefer this over the older design on my 20. I can't tell whether there is a difference in the insulating value between designs. I imagine the migration of down is less on the newer design.