PDA

View Full Version : Parking in Cornwall Bridge, CT

K-Man
02-10-2006, 10:44
Does anyone know the parking situation off of CT4 near Cornwall Bridge, CT? I am planning a 5 day section ending there and wanted to know if it is a good place to leave a car. Thanks...

Footslogger
02-10-2006, 11:42
I overnighted there during my thru in 2003. Stayed at the little motorlodge (Hitching Post Motel - 860/672-6219) on the left hand side of the road. The owner of the motel was a great guy and I ended up meeting his entire family. The next morning he drove me back to the trail crossing (his offer). Reason for telling you all this is because he is hiker friendly and may be willing to allow you to park your car on his property ?? Worth a try.

'Slogger

K-Man
02-10-2006, 12:15
Excellent, thanks! I will call him and see if I can park there. My car would def be safer there. Anyone know of the actual trail head parking in case I can't park at the motor lodge

Footslogger
02-10-2006, 12:43
Anyone know of the actual trail head parking in case I can't park at the motor lodge
=============================
There is NO parking at that trail crossing. Fairly narrow 2 lane "country road" with metal railings on both sides where the trail comes out. Barely enough room for a car to pull over and stop. I remember the motel owner acting a little cautious and looking over his shoulder as he pulled over to let me out.

'Slogger

K-Man
02-10-2006, 13:00
Oh right....I should have been more specific. The CT section map shows parking at the end of the Breadloaf Mtn Trail. This side trail connects with the AT after Old Sharon RD. What is that parking like?

Footslogger
02-10-2006, 13:04
That I can't tell ya K-man ...I was just passing through (so to speak) in 2003 and didn't get off the beaten path, other than the overnight at the motel.

'Slogger