PDA

View Full Version : ankle brace that fits into a trail runner?

Reverse
01-28-2018, 00:17
Hey folks, Preparing for a thru beginning in 8 weeks. quick question can anyone recommend an ankle brace that actually fits into a trail runner or boot. I fractured my ankle and did some beauty tendon damage a bit ago. But I know it is not up for the PA rocks. It has been doing ok in the Blueridge and GA. with my mids but am thinking that I will need something extra for PA. &NH. I seriously do not want to have to wear a pair of mountaineering boots. I also think the weight of them could do more damage than something lighter. Thanks

moldy
01-28-2018, 11:43
I met a hiker once that had a size 11 on his right foot and a size 10 on his left to allow for his brace.

SWODaddy
01-28-2018, 12:25
Search for "ASO Ankle Brace" on Amazon. The ASO EVO has even more support. I wore both at the recommendation of my surgeon before and after my ankle surgery. I probably did 200 trail miles with no issues in a set of Salomon trail runners. I wouldn't try to fit them in boots and would say that any brace which does it's any good

SWODaddy
01-28-2018, 12:26
*isn't* any good....

bigcranky
01-28-2018, 18:07
I had very good luck with the Aso brace. It fits easily into my regular size trail runner.

SteelCut
01-29-2018, 09:25
Yup, I'll also recommend the Aso brace.