PDA

View Full Version : checking out

gargamel
02-10-2006, 16:14
It's finaly time to lift my fat butt and to do a little serious hiking. Although my plane to Atlanta won't depart before Monday 10:00 MEZ I will already leave tomorrow to hike the 40 miles to the airport as a little warm-up.

As a long time lurker and short time poster I want to thank everybody who contibuted to make whiteblaze.net the premier source for informations about the AT. Special thanks to Attroll, Dixie and her husband Sgt. Rock without their dedication this site wouldn't be what it is. You are doing an awesome job!

Although not a first time hiker I have learned so many usefull things and had the opportunity to get to know so many different but nonetheless reasonable opinions, that I feel much better prepared to hike the AT than before. Nevertheless I'm well aware this is no garantie to succeed.

I'm looking forward to hiking a part of the trail with some of you. Best wishes for all of those who will start in the days to come. Stay safe and warm as I will try to do.

CU out there.

Cheesewhiz
02-10-2006, 16:18
Best of luck to ya Gargamel! Maybe we will hike together someday but I hope you keep your stride that we don't knowing that I am starting a month and a week after you. Anyways. Good luck and happy trails

neo
02-10-2006, 16:20
It's finaly time to lift my fat butt and to do a little serious hiking. Although my plane to Atlanta won't depart before Monday 10:00 MEZ I will already leave tomorrow to hike the 40 miles to the airport as a little warm-up.

As a long time lurker and short time poster I want to thank everybody who contibuted to make whiteblaze.net the premier source for informations about the AT. Special thanks to Attroll, Dixie and her husband Sgt. Rock without their dedication this site wouldn't be what it is. You are doing an awesome job!

Although not a first time hiker I have learned so many usefull things and had the opportunity to get to know so many different but nonetheless reasonable opinions, that I feel much better prepared to hike the AT than before. Nevertheless I'm well aware this is no garantie to succeed.

I'm looking forward to hiking a part of the trail with some of you. Best wishes for all of those who will start in the days to come. Stay safe and warm as I will try to do.

CU out there.

happy trails to ya,good luck:cool: neo

Skidsteer
02-10-2006, 16:39
Good luck, Gargamel!

You may well see me out there.

Smile
02-10-2006, 16:46
Class of 2006 is awesome! Going to be a spectacular year, I'll be out there behind you somewhere!
Peace,
Smile

mweinstone
02-10-2006, 17:13
good post man.i also learned much here.i also thank all and i also will see ya sooner or later.mattski packs one last time.

Nokia
02-10-2006, 18:01
Good luck and be safe. See you at trail days!!!

BW2006
02-10-2006, 19:24
Have a great hike. I'll be a month behind you!

peter_pan
02-10-2006, 23:13
Have a great hike...

Pan

khaynie
02-10-2006, 23:26
Maybe I'll see you out there, too. I'm doing a short hike next week in GA to get my hiking fix for Feb. If not, good luck! You've got an amazing journey ahead of you!

digger51
02-11-2006, 02:38
Best of hiking to you Gargamel. I will be over a month behind you. May the breezes be to your back.