PDA

View Full Version : 2018 AT thuhiker VLOG.....good laughs

saltysack
02-06-2018, 22:28
If your not easily offended take a look at his videos. I laughed my arse off. Plans to start AT in April.........look up IB TAT on YouTube....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T.S.Kobzol
02-06-2018, 23:29
Hmm subscribed

Lets see how far he makes it

T.S.Kobzol
02-07-2018, 01:33
OK I watched a few of his videos...wow...the choices are weird to me...like the inability to cross the tiny creek or the crawling out of the gorge after an ankle sprain...and a few more...I don't know...at least it won't be a foregone conclusion watching the trail videos when he starts...or is it a conclusion already? [emoji12]

TX Aggie
02-07-2018, 09:56
I started watching his vids about a month ago. I find him absolutely hilarious. Yeah, his first videos made you scratch your head and wonder what he was thinking, but his latest gear setup (minus the electronics brick....I mean bag) is pretty standard fare.

I hope he makes it all the way just so he will keep putting out videos.

saltysack
02-07-2018, 10:15
I started watching his vids about a month ago. I find him absolutely hilarious. Yeah, his first videos made you scratch your head and wonder what he was thinking, but his latest gear setup (minus the electronics brick....I mean bag) is pretty standard fare.

I hope he makes it all the way just so he will keep putting out videos.

His best of 2017 had me on the floor....I deal with sailors at work daily...he’s in a league of his own....

JJ505
02-07-2018, 13:23
Intrepid Dan is another funny one. He's not quite as profane. Just did a comparison of wet wipes. I have a feeling the guy has exceptionally deep pockets (has a $1000 down jacket and about 5 excellent quality backpacks) but even that is kind of funny. He started exactly at Springer Mountain exactly on Jan. 1st. Also he has his own car there, apparently is hiking then getting shuttles back to his car.

Femadog
02-07-2018, 16:10
They're just words. Actually pretty good info and his comments are likely what most folks feel like saying but are embarrassed to....

TX Aggie
02-07-2018, 18:25
Intrepid Dan is another funny one. He's not quite as profane. Just did a comparison of wet wipes. I have a feeling the guy has exceptionally deep pockets (has a $1000 down jacket and about 5 excellent quality backpacks) but even that is kind of funny. He started exactly at Springer Mountain exactly on Jan. 1st. Also he has his own car there, apparently is hiking then getting shuttles back to his car.

I couldn’t find him. Is his channel under a different name?

JJ505
02-07-2018, 19:21
I couldn’t find him. Is his channel under a different name?

Yep you're right (slightly different anyway): IntrepiDan. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaWmhuvdgWFL6fpYHRcbJ4w

TX Aggie
02-07-2018, 22:19
Yep you're right (slightly different anyway): IntrepiDan. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaWmhuvdgWFL6fpYHRcbJ4w

Got it, thank you.

T.S.Kobzol
02-07-2018, 22:28
Wow. Intrepidan is also entertaining...in a different way [emoji12]

swatsullivan
02-07-2018, 23:13
Has anyone been watching Scoutmaster Hikes the AT2018? He's up to 6 days of videos, I think. Started end of January. Pretty entertaining.

There are a ton of folks vlogging this year.

El JP
02-08-2018, 06:00
Has anyone been watching Scoutmaster Hikes the AT2018? He's up to 6 days of videos, I think. Started end of January. Pretty entertaining.

There are a ton of folks vlogging this year.

I subscribed to him as well as a few others. Pretty good videos, i agree. I've really been trying to take a look at every video made by someone currently on the trail.

T.S.Kobzol
02-08-2018, 14:58
I was laughing hard yesterday watching IntrepiDan getting lost and coming back to the same kiosk 3-4 times and then have the presence of mind to edit this and keep the footage - honest and funny. Good luck intrepid traveller! :-)

TX Aggie
02-08-2018, 16:00
I was laughing hard yesterday watching IntrepiDan getting lost and coming back to the same kiosk 3-4 times and then have the presence of mind to edit this and keep the footage - honest and funny. Good luck intrepid traveller! :-)

Yeah, but the dude isn’t really thru hiking. He’s doing day hikes and traveling in his truck staying in hotels almost every night.

It was humorous watching him try to inflate his pad the first night out: “I’ve never slept outside before” “this is why you should really try out your gear first.”

T.S.Kobzol
02-08-2018, 16:04
too bad he isn't thru hiking or that he isn't 'thinking he is thru hiking' :-)

and his bit on the wet wipes from the outhouse was totally awesome :-)

Yeah, but the dude isn’t really thru hiking. He’s doing day hikes and traveling in his truck staying in hotels almost every night.

It was humorous watching him try to inflate his pad the first night out: “I’ve never slept outside before” “this is why you should really try out your gear first.”

TX Aggie
02-08-2018, 16:10
too bad he isn't thru hiking or that he isn't 'thinking he is thru hiking' :-)

and his bit on the wet wipes from the outhouse was totally awesome :-)

Yeah, that one was a bit different.

T.S.Kobzol
02-08-2018, 16:14
it was bizarre and that made it funny. I keep wondering why is he actually around... if he is not doing the AT, starting in January...totally puzzling and funny at the same time I guess.